Part of what makes the Instant Pot so easy to rely on in the kitchen is meal prep! Whether you prep just breakfast, snacks, or all of your meals for the week, these healthy Instant Pot recipes are delicious, hearty (the can easily last 5-7 days in the fridge), and can be frozen easily.
Whether you are trying Instant Pot meal prep for weight loss goals, to save money, or to save time–these recipes can help.
To use the free grocery list feature for these recipes:
This website allows you to save your recipes, make custom meal plans, and print grocery lists–for free!
Time needed: 5 minutes.
You have to be logged in to save recipes, otherwise your browser clears your recipes every time you leave the website. Creating an account is free, and your email address will never be sold or shared.
- Log in
You’ll have to be logged in to save your recipes.
- Save it!
Where you see a grocery list, click “Save to my Collections”
- Customize it!
After saving the recipes, you can customize the grocery list!
- Here’s how to make it yours:
-Click on your Recipe Box
-Find the collection you’d like to create a grocery list for and simply click what you’d like to do: add items, remove items, etc.
-Click “Shopping List” and then Generate Shopping List.
Let’s get prepping!
1. Choose a few of these easy sides to prep for the week
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Instant Pot White Rice
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Brown Rice and Quinoa
Additional Easy Recipes & Tips for prep day:
- Chicken Stock and Turkey Stock
- How long to cook vegetables in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (but with cauliflower)
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
2. Breakfasts – Choose one or two to prep for the entire week
If I choose two of these recipes, I always freeze some of it because two full recipes for breakfast is a bit much if I’m the only person eating it.
- Chorizo and Eggs made with ground turkey
- Starbucks Egg White Bites
- Mini Frittatas
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups
- Amish Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Lemon Zest Steel Cut Oats
Grocery List for these breakfast recipes:
Non-Instant Pot recipes to prep while your pot is in use:
Unless you have multiple pots, you’re going to have some down time while your recipes are cooking. I recommend using this time to cut veggies for snacking and make some non-Instant Pot recipes.
These recipes can be made in about 30 minutes and are perfect for snacking or as part of your lunch.
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Just Crack an Egg Copycat Recipe
- No Bake Coconut Bars
- Healthy Buckeye Recipe
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Grocery list for these snack recipes:
If I step out of the kitchen while I’m prepping, even if I’m waiting for something to cook, I find that I lose my motivation to prep. The name of the game for me is “don’t leave the kitchen” ;)
3. Meal Prep Instant Pot Lunches and Dinners:
Most of these recipes can be made in the slow cooker as well! It’s a great way to get more done on your prep day.
There are a couple of ways you can plan these.
- Choose one recipe to eat all week for lunches, and choose three to make and freeze for busy weeknight dinners (I do leftovers for two days).
- Choose multiple recipes and plan on eating a recipe for dinner, then lunch the next day. This is an easy way to have meal prep lunches for the week without a ton of prep.
Instant Pot Lunch Recipes:
- Rotisserie Chicken You can use this set of recipes to cook your chicken with any of these delicious flavors: Lemon & Parsley, Rosemary & Garlic, Mexican Citrus, Lemon Garlic, and hearty vegetable.
- Healthy Hamburger Helper
- Minestrone Soup
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- Instant Pot Healthy Crack Chicken (dairy free version here) Eat this as a dip, lunch, used to stuff your veggies–there are so many things you can do with this delicious and versatile recipe!
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Buffalo Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese I don’t need to say more about this one. Buffalo chicken wins my heart every. time.
Grocery List for these recipes:
Instant Pot Dinner Recipes:
- Instant Pot Risotto Add mushrooms, asparagus, or your other favorite vegetables!
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta This is one of the most popular recipes on My Crazy Good Life–creamy and hearty but still healthy, and if you don’t have sun dried tomatoes you can use cherry tomatoes!
- Swedish Meatballs
- Crack Chicken and Rice Casserole Another variation of Crack Chicken, this is so delish! The frozen chicken and dry rice are perfect together in the Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Beef Pho Not a simple or quick recipe–I’ll admit that right away. But it’s delicious and satisfying to make.
- Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl with frozen chicken, dry brown rice, and dry black beans
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Grocery List for these recipes:
- You can easily use chicken breasts or chicken thighs in these recipes, they’re easy to swap and require no changes to the pressure cook time.
- Use raw veggies for a last minute side dish
- Most of these recipes are gluten free as is, but you can definitely swap regular pasta for gluten free!
- These recipes use whole grain pasta, which requires different cooking times than regular white pasta. They can’t be swapped out in a recipe.