Let’s pretend this is a really difficult recipe.
That you worked hard all day to put it on the table for your family.
Let’s pretend that.
Because really, it’s so. stinkin’. easy.
Read on for both crock pot and Instant Pot directions.
Take a look:
Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
Makes 8 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 8 hours
For Weight Watchers this is 3 Smart Points per serving when using lean ground turkey!
Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup onion , chopped
- 14.5 oz . can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onions
- 15 oz . can tomato sauce
- 2 cups green and red peppers , chopped (I've added up to four peppers, and it's yummy!)
- 3 cups beef broth
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1.5 packets of chili seasoning
- 1 cup cooked rice , brown or white
- Brown ground beef with onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain beef and onions and place in crock pot.
- Chop peppers, add to crock pot.
- Add tomatoes (including juice) and remaining ingredients, except rice – which should be added 1 hour before end of cooking.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Instant Pot Adaptation: Saute the meat and onion, then add peppers, tomatoes and tomato sauce, broth, and spices. Cook at high pressure 10 minutes, add cooked rice after. 21 Day Fix Container Counts: 1.5C soup = 1R, 1G, .5Y For Weight Watchers this is 3 Smart Points per serving when using lean ground turkey!
I love adding different colored peppers into this recipe and making the soup as colorful as possible–it’s become a bit of a challenge for me lately, to see how many colors I can add to our meals. I’ve found these beautiful red and yellow striped peppers at our local Safeway a few times and they make the perfect addition to this recipe. They also garner a ton of compliments on a fresh veggie platter!
Recently, I’ve started to make this soup in the Instant Pot! Of course, you can use the slow cooker function on the Instant Pot, but I prefer sautéing the meat and using the Instant Pot to make this truly a one pot meal. Directions on doing this are above.
On the 21 Day Fix? Make with turkey, and when eating this, I count 1.5C = 1 red, 1 green, .5 yellow
If you love soup, you’ll want to check out this soup roundup from Desert Chica!
Looking for more delicious recipes? I have a ton of them–all family favorites–for the Instant Pot, crock pot, and more! Click here to head over to all of my favorites!