Looking for the perfect post workout snack? To be honest, we should back up a bit and talk hydration. Hydration is a huge part of physical fitness and easier workout recovery. Not just before and after workouts, but all day every day. Keeping your muscles hydrated is key to not being super sore after your workouts–especially if you’re just starting a new routine, as a lot of us are in January.
So after making sure that you’re hydrated, we can chat about post workout snacks! We love these Apple “Cookie” Snacks–they’re a great source of protein, a small amount of sugar, and some healthy slow-digesting carbs. Essentially, the perfect post workout snack.
Around here, we drink Simple Truth Vapor Distilled Water to hydrate before, during, and after our workouts. Simple Truth is a brand that we trust and can find at our local Kroger store, and contains no artificial sweeteners, preservatives or calories.
The distillation process removes all impurities and minerals, and electrolytes are added for taste (calcium chloride, potassium bicarbonate and magnesium chloride). In addition to taste, electrolytes also help sore muscles recover.
Simple Truth Vapor Distilled Water is available in either 24 packs or 1 liter bottles and come in five flavors–Blackberry Blueberry, Lemon, Mandarin Orange, Tropical Mango, and unflavored. My favorite flavor depends on the day of the week–we drink them all equally.
The perfect partner to your Simple Truth Vapor Distilled Water is this Apple Almond Butter Snack. Here’s a quick how-to.
You’ll need these Simple Truth ingredients:
Granola Clusters (we love the fruit and nut!)
1.After washing your apple, core and slice it.
2. Spread a layer of Almond Butter onto the apple slices. Pay attention to the hole in the center of the apple slice… I always seem to drip almond butter through it!
3. Sprinkle a small amount of granola and raisins on top of the apple slices.
4. You’re done! Really, it’s that simple.
Quality ingredients make a quality post workout snack. Enjoy your healthy treat!
21 Day Fix Container Count = 4 Apple slices = 1P, 2 teaspoons almond butter, measure granola accordingly.
Weight Watchers: 28 Points for Blue, Green, and Purple Plan. 10 Points for each plan if you omit raisins.
Post Workout Snack | Apple Ring Cookies
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 4 oz Seedless Raisins
- 1/2 cup Granola clusters, (we love the fruit and nut!)
- 1 Apple
- 1.After washing your apple, core and slice it.
- Spread a layer of Almond Butter onto the apple slices. Pay attention to the hole in the center of the apple slice... I always seem to drip almond butter through it!
- Sprinkle a small amount of granola and raisins on top of the apple slices.
- You're done! Really, it's that simple.
The bottles that Simple Truth water come in are 100% recycled PET and can be recycled as a plastic #1. You can find Simple Truth Vapor Distilled Water at Kroger, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, QFC, King Soopers, Fry’s, Dillons, Bakers, Gerbes, and Smith’s.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.