This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
This 21 Day Fix Mason Jar salad is the easiest thing to meal prep! They can be made up to a week ahead of time, and you can customize them with any ingredients you like. More green containers? Easy–add cucumbers, more tomatoes, or even zucchini. Need more red containers? Add chicken or beef to the recipe.
If you’re on Weight Watchers, this recipe is only 3 Blue Plan Points, 6 Green Plan Points, 0 Purple Plan Points and you can have ALL the fresh veggies you’d like for those points!
I don’t love cheese, so I don’t include it in my salads, but I know there are a lot of cheese lovers out there! Customize this salad with anything you’d like, but be mindful of the container count before you close them up and put them in the fridge for the week.
Ingredients for 21 Day Fix Mason Jar Salad
- Cooked black beans
- Carrots or yellow peppers, shredded
- Cheddar cheese, optional
- Chili powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make this Mason Jar Salad
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Add chili powder, paprika, and (optional) salt and pepper to the quinoa as it’s cooking.
- Warm black beans and set aside.
- Layer your Mason Jar with your preferred salad ingredients. Heavy/juicy items on the bottom (black beans and quinoa), then fresh on top.
These jars can be refrigerated for a week, so they’re perfect for meal prep.
Don’t forget that most of your veggies on the Weight Watchers plan are free so if you are feeling extra hungry just load up on on the fresh veggies!
21 Day Fix Mason Jar Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup black beans cooked
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded, or yellow peppers
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Add chili powder, paprika, and (optional) salt and pepper to the quinoa as it's cooking. 1/4 cup quinoa, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Warm black beans and set aside. 1/4 cup black beans
- Once the beans are cooled down, layer your mason jar with your preferred salad ingredients. Heavy/juicy items on the bottom (black beans and quinoa), then fresh on top. 1 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/2 cup carrots , 1/3 cup cheddar cheese