This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
This Carne Asada Burrito Bowl includes a recipe for Homemade Creamy Chili Lime Dressing that’s going to be your next favorite healthy dressing recipe! Citrus-seasoned Carne Asada and delicious vegetables and black beans make a delicious Mexican dinner for your Carne Asada leftovers!
I love making a big batch of Carne Asada and then using the leftovers for different recipes. I’m sharing these with you to show you how easy it is to make one recipe and then use it for several meals! It’s one of the easiest ways to prep for a busy week, I think–and my family loves it.
These bowls are so quick to put together–they’re the perfect leftover lunch or dinner recipe! Using meal prepped or leftover carne asada, these can be a quick weeknight meal recipe that each family member can customize.
How many calories are in a burrito bowl?
It can vary a ton depending on what you put in it. These carne asada burrito bowls are pretty high in calories, but it’s easy to reduce that if you leave out the black beans and avocado. The black beans account for about 150 calories per serving, and the avocado has about 60 calories per serving.
Beef, of course, is high in calories as well–about 270 calories per serving!
- You can choose to add the lettuce or not, but I really think it lightens the meal a bit so I like to add it in–this, coming from someone who is not a fan of salads.
- You could swap the beans for rice if you’d like, and then customize with your favorite toppings. I prefer the flavors in the recipe below but these are so easy to make your own!
- This is a great meal prep recipe! Make the carne asada ahead of time, then portion out your burrito bowls. You can easily mix up the toppings you bring every day to mix it up a bit!
- To make this recipe low carb, leave the beans out and you’ll save about 10 carbs per serving. I think these would be good for a keto diet, as well, as long as you swapped out lower carb veggies along with the beans, and skip the dressing. I truly think the carne asada gives these a great flavor, so I personally don’t even use the dressing.
Healthy Eating Plans
21 Day Fix/Ultimate Portion Fix: The entire recipe counts as 5 green containers, 4 yellow containers, 4 blue containers, and 4 red containers. With dressing, add 1/3 red container.
Per serving (serves 4): 1 1/4 green container, 1 yellow container, 1 blue container, 1 red container (one serving of dressing adds a negligible amount of R).
Weight Watchers: The recipe as written is 7 Blue Plan Points | 10 Green Plan Points | 7 Purple Plan Points. You can lower that by reducing the amount of avocado in the bowl. The dressing is made using fat free Greek yogurt for the entire portion.
What can I serve with this burrito bowl?
I feel like this is a pretty self-contained meal, but if you’d like to serve it with a side dish, there are a few that I recommend:
I don’t love Carne Asada–what other meats can I add to make a burrito bowl?
Burrito bowls are a great way to mix up your lunches–I highly recommend them! There are so many easy ways to make a burrito bowl, and they would all benefit from the delicious and creamy Chili Lime Dressing featured in this recipe. Maybe these will help you find new burrito bowl recipes that you love:
- Chicken, Black Beans, and Brown Rice This Instant Pot recipe is the easiest way to make a burrito bowl!
- Chorizo and Eggs Top your burrito bowl with this healthy turkey chorizo and eggs recipe. It’s also delicious in burritos!
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice with Chicken This is delicious in a burrito bowl or by itself! It’s a super easy Instant Pot recipe, too.
- Beef Fajitas These beef fajita bowls are a great bowl recipe that is also easy to customize for everyone who is eating it.
Carne Asada Burrito Bowl + Creamy Chili Lime Dressing
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- 4 cups lettuce romaine, green leaf, etc | chopped
- 1 cup black beans canned
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 tomatoes roma, diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 3 cups carne asada
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt plain, 2%
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce or hot sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl or make individual bowls. 4 cups lettuce, 1 cup black beans, 1 cup corn , 2 tomatoes, 1 avocado, 3 cups carne asada
- In a separate small mixing bowl mix together the dressing ingredients. 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce , 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.