It’s never a bad time to whip up some rum popsicles! Dirty Pirate Popsicles are named after the Dirty Pirate drink–they’re your favorite rum and coke drink with a twist. These ice pops are made with rum, Coke, and Kahlua–they’re delicious!
Making these popsicles is easier than ever with zipper pouches that you can use and toss or recycle without worrying about clean up. Did I mention that you can easily double or triple this recipe to make a bunch of Dirty Pirate Popsicles for your next get together or happy hour celebration?
Have you ever had a Dirty Pirate? It’s a cocktail that uses Coke, Kahlua, and Rum. It’s a spin on rum and Coke, and the Kahlua gives it a great flavor. I love making these rum and coke popsicles when we are having a “co-ed” happy hour because guys love them.
Ingredients in Dirty Pirate Popsicles
- Rum (spicy is delicious!)
- Zipper pop molds or popsicle molds
Rum Popsicles are a great treat to cool down at the pool. They’re refreshing and not too heavy–I usually think of Coke as being a “heavy” ingredient and it may be because these are small, but it’s not the case here. These boozy pops are perfect for a hot summer day.
How to make Dirty Pirate Popsicles with rum and Coke:
- Add all of the ingredients into a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Mix well–sometimes I use a blender.
- Using a funnel, fill each zipper pouch up to the fill line.
- Freeze popsicles overnight.
- This recipe will fill 8 zipper pouches. You could also use traditional popsicle molds if you’d like.
*If you use a traditional popsicle mold with popsicle sticks, you might have to run hot water over the pops to get the mold to release your popsicles.
Can I change the ingredients of these Rum and Coke popsicles?
You can, a little! Here are some of the other ways I’ve made these popsicles:
- Use coconut rum instead of spiced rum
- Add a splash of pineapple juice
- Add a scoop of ice cream in the mix and blend
If you’re struggling to freeze your popsicles, you may have used too much alcohol. You can’t use more alcoholic ingredients than non-alcoholic so if you’re struggling with freezing, go back to the drawing board.
Does rum freeze?
It does! These ice pops will be a little slushy, but they’ll be frozen and delicious. Alcohol doesn’t freeze solid like water, so don’t expect these to be frozen solid.
Are you looking for more delicious boozy popsicle recipes?
- Vodka Lemonade Popsicles I love eating these frozen treats at happy hour during the summer!
- Blackberry Margarita Popsicles Fruit juice in a popsicle is delicious, and it’s definitely made better with tequila!
- Boozy Arnold Palmer Popsicles So simple, but still so refreshing and delicious.
Dirty Pirate Popsicles
- 2 Cups Coca-Cola Flat - Open a bottle and let it sit overnight if possible to remove any carbonation
- 1/4 Cup Rum Captain Morgan - Spicy
- 1/4 Cup Kahlua
- Add all of the ingredients into a pitcher and stir.
- Mix well
- Using a funnel fill each zipper pouch up to the fill line.
- Freeze overnight.