These Weight Watchers Beef Gyros in the Instant Pot are a quick meal filled with clean ingredients and veggies–and they’re Weight Watchers friendly! It’s a delicious and simple meal that the whole family will love.
My love for the Instant Pot knows no bounds. It’s the best way to make quick, healthy, delicious meals that are packed with flavor.
The Instant Pot cooks everything completely and quickly and infuses it with the flavors of the broth. In this case it means the beef is super tender and juicy. The perfect combination for beef gyros!
beef roast (I’ve also used loin flap meat and it’s so easy to slice and cook!)
oil (olive, coconut, avocado, etc)
apple cider vinegar (optional)
olive oil (optional)
Pitas or Naan bread or Flat Out pitas
Feta or goat cheese
plain Greek yogurt
cucumber (peeled seeded, and chopped)
salt and pepper
Turn Instant Pot on saute and let the pan warn up. When it’s warm, add oil to the bottom of the pan and let it get hot.
Add meat, seasoning, garlic, and onion to Instant Pot. Sear and let onions soften for 3-5 minutes
Pour lemon juice and broth over the meat. Give the meat a quick stir, then lock lid into place. Turn the steam valve to sealing. Using the Meat/Stew preset cook the gyro meat for 9 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 3 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure using the quick release method.
While the gyro meat is cooking mix together the Tzatziki sauce and slice your vegetable toppings. For added flavor drizzle apple cider vinegar and olive oil over vegetables.
To make your gyro layer the lettuce at the bottom of the pita or naan bread. Then add your meat, toppings, and sauce. This will keep the pita or naan from getting soggy.
For Weight Watchers these Beef Gyros are 8 Blue Plan Points | 9 Green Plan Points | 8 Purple Plan Points per serving when using beef roast, one Joseph’s Whole Wheat Pita and nonfat Greek yogurt.
The recipe makes 6 servings. If you need to cut down some points remember you can eliminate the pita and opt to put this delicious recipe to use as a salad! Remember to count cheese if you use that for a topping. All the vegetable toppings are free!
I’m whipping up these delicious recipes here in AZ at 1,500 feet. I you are seeing cooking time variations check out this reference sheet for high altitude cook time adjustments!
For stove top gyros: Slice meat and saute on stove with seasoning, garlic, and onion for 3-5 minutes. Add lemon juice and 1/4C broth to pan, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 7-10 minutes. If you need to, add more broth while it’s cooking.
Weight Watchers Beef Gyros In The Instant Pot
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 lbs flank steak thinly sliced, I've also used loin flap meat and it's so easy to slice and cook!
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp parsley dried
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup beef broth low sodium
- 6 pitas or Naan bread or Flat Out pitas. I love the Flat Out pitas!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber peeled, seeded, shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp dill fresh
Optional toppings: cucumbers, carrots, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, and feta cheese
Instant Pot Directions
- Lightly spray your Instant Pot liner with cooking spray and set to sauté.
- Thinly slice your onion and flank steak. Chop your garlic, then add to the hot pot along with the parsley. Sauté for about 5 minutes until your onions begin to soften and the garlic is fragrant. Add lemon juice and broth, stir well.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Select Pressure cook (high) and set the cook time for 9 minutes.
- While your meat cooks mix together the Greek yogurt, shredded cucumbers, garlic, and dill in a small bowl. Store in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
- Once the cook time is complete, quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Serve immediately.
- Thinly slice the meat and onions.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium/high.
- Add meat, onions, and garlic to the pan and sauté until onions begin to soften.
- Add lemon juice and broth and bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve on top of a pita bread or naan and add toppings as desired.
- Swap equal amounts of thinly sliced chicken to make Chicken Gyros.
- Wrap your pitas in a wet paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to make them fold better, without cracking or breaking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over quinoa or lettuce to make gyro bowls.
- Pickelign your vegetables before adds a nice flavor profile. You can quickly do this by soaking them in a couple teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.