This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
This Weight Watchers Breakfast Fried Rice is delicious! After eating our WW fried rice for breakfast, you’ll feel full and satisfied all morning long. Often times traditional breakfast foods can leave you hungry shortly after eating, but not with this hearty meal.
This is a great recipe for an easy meal prep breakfast that you can eat all week! It’s never a bad day if you get to start off with some bacon, veggies, eggs, and…fried rice! Who doesn’t love a healthy vegetable fried rice? Yum!
Where’s the recipe?
Whether you’re new in the kitchen or a recipe pro, you’ll find exactly what you need here at My Crazy Good Life. Here at My Crazy Good Life, we focus on creating easy recipes that are also healthy recipes. We want you to feel successful and empowered in the kitchen.
If you need more information about cooking this Weight Watchers Fried Rice for breakfast, scroll down and read the entire post. You’ll find more information about your ww personal points and nutritional information. If you feel like you’ve got a handle on cooking and just want the recipe, scroll down to our printable fried rice recipe!
Ingredients in Weight Watchers Breakfast Fried Rice
- Low sodium soy sauce: You can use coconut aminos, soy sauce, or Tamari – all of these can easily be found at your local grocery store.
- Dry mustard
- Coconut oil: Or any other minimally processed oil
- Onion: I use red onion a lot because it’s anti-inflammatory, but you can use any type of onion.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic is definitely best – if you are in a pinch you can use garlic powder, it just won’t be as fresh and flavorful.
- Ginger: Again, fresh is best, but if you are in a pinch you can use ginger paste or frozen ginger cubes.
- Bell peppers: Whichever color you like best. We prefer red bell pepper in this recipe.
- Peas and carrots: I use a frozen bag of green peas and carrots. You can also substitute out other frozen mixed vegetables.
- Sausage: Healthy chicken sausage is best – we love the chicken and apple flavor. Ground turkey sausage will also work for this recipe and significantly decreases your points.
- Turkey Bacon: Or regular bacon–your call! If using regular bacon, I like to get center cut or trim the fat from it. Regular pork bacon should be cooked before you add it.
- Eggs: An egg substitute is also a good substitute for this this recipe – you may also leave the eggs out entirely if needed.
- Green Onions: You’ll garnish your dish with fresh chopped green onions at the end.
- Rice: I’ve used both brown rice and white rice, both have nutritional benefits and both are so easy to make in the Instant Pot! This recipe cooks so much easier when you make your regular rice the day before–if you want it now, no worries–it’s delicious either way!
How to make WW Breakfast Fried Rice on the stovetop
Time needed: 40 minutes.
This fried rice is perfect for breakfast!
- Make your sauce – Mix Tamari or low sodium soy sauce with the dry mustard. Set aside.
- Sauté – Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet or wok. Add onions, garlic, ginger, bell pepper, and poultry sausage and sauté for 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the extras – Add diced bacon and peas and carrots. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium. If you want to cook the eggs in the pan, move the contents of the pan to one side of the skillet and add the eggs to the other side and cook until scrambled, stirring frequently.
- Add rice – Add the cooked brown rice or white rice the the pan.
- Add your sauce – Pour sauce over rice mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Add eggs, if you haven’t yet. – If you are cooking your eggs separately, add them in now. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until thoroughly heated through, stirring often.
- Cook the rice the day before and refrigerate over night
- This is an awesome Weight Watchers recipe because it is packed with lean protein. We all know that getting those protein levels up means more energy, staying full longer, and fewer chances for unnecessary snacking.
- I often make this in a cast iron skillet which works well, gets very hot, and makes quick work of crisping up the meats and veggies. If you prefer to use a wok or large nonstick skillet that would work well too!
- We have found that leftover rice is more flavorful the next day
- We love to eat the leftovers in corn tortillas for breakfast tacos, or rolled up into burritos.
Weight Watchers Points
This Weight Watchers Fried Rice is perfect for WW! This is calculated based on the exact ingredients in this recipe. If you choose to modify any of the ingredients, your WW points will need to be recalculated.
7 Points on the 2023 Plan | 9 Blue Points | 10 Green Points | 5 Purple Points when using all natural chicken sausage.
More delicious Weight Watchers recipes
We have a ton of Weight Watchers recipes here–I hope you find some that you love!
- Starbucks Bacon Egg Bites
- Starbucks Egg White Bites with Red Pepper
- Weight Watchers Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- WW Homemade Bagels
- WW Crack Chicken
Weight Watchers Breakfast Fried Rice
- Kitchen Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 2 links chicken sausage diced, I use Adelle's’ all natural chicken and apple sausage
- 4 slices turkey bacon cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup peas & carrots frozen
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 3 cups brown rice cooked and cooled, cook the day before and store in refrigerator
- optional: low sodium ham
- Mix coconut aminos or soy sauce with mustard. Set aside. ¼ cup coconut aminos, ¼ tsp dry mustard
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet or wok
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, and sausage (add any additional items at this time also). ½ cup red onion, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 cup bell pepper, 2 links chicken sausage
- Sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add bacon and peas and carrots. If you're making your eggs in the pan, slide the contents of the pan to one side and then crack your eggs, scrambling until cooked. 4 slices turkey bacon, 1 cup peas & carrots, 2 eggs
- Add your cooked rice to the pan 3 cups brown rice
- Pour sauce mixture over rice and stir gently to combine
- Gently stir in cooked eggs, if you didn't make them in the pan. Cook until heated through.