Alcoholic Popsicles are a fun adult treat for the summer! Not only are these Alcoholic Arnold Palmer Popsicles cool and refreshing, they are also easy to make. This recipe takes the traditional lemonade and iced tea combo and bumps it up a level with some sweet tea vodka.
What do I need to make this alcoholic popsicle recipe?
There are a lot of ways to make these alcoholic Arnold Palmer popsicles. You can use a traditional ice pop mold, zipper popsicle bags, or even a quick freeze mold like this Zoku. If you’re stuck without molds and want to make them today, you can use Dixie or Solo cups with disposable silverware as your popsicle sticks!
This recipe calls for vodka as the alcohol of choice. Vodka has a pretty high alcohol content and requires a super low freezing temperature. The lemonade and iced tea are pretty much water and sugar–they’ll freeze just fine. Keep in mind that if you want to add more vodka to what is required for this recipe they may not freeze well if you increase it too much. You can read more about the freezing temperature of different types of alcohol and freezing temperatures here in this post.
What’s an Arnold Palmer?
An Arnold Palmer is a delicious summer drink consisting of half lemonade and half iced tea. It’s named after the famous golfer who preferred it as his drink of choice. Adding vodka to this drink makes for a semi-sweet and refreshing summer cocktail!
We are adding a fun twist on this recipe by using sweet tea vodka–it turns these into sweet tea vodka popsicles! You can use regular vodka is you’d rather these not be as sweet.
Ingredients for Alcoholic Arnold Palmer Ice Pops:
Arnold Palmer Half & Half Lemonade/Iced Tea drink
Sweet-tea flavored vodka (or you can use regular vodka)
Directions for Alcoholic Arnold Palmer Pops:
I love that this recipe is so easy–no need for tea bags, making simple syrup, or adding lemon juice. These ice pops are made with premade Arnold Palmer!
1. Open the Arnold Palmer container and pour 3 cups into a pitcher.
2. Add 1/4 cup vodka and stir to mix well.
3. Optional – place a lemon slice into each Popsicle mold.
4. Pour the lemonade/iced tea/vodka mixture into each Popsicle mold, up to the fill line.
5. Freeze overnight.
Popsicles are the perfect summer treat, and I love that you can add some alcohol to them on a hot summer day! Of course, keep these away from the kids and be sure to label them appropriately so accidents don’t happen.
If you want to go a step further, serve these alcoholic Arnold Palmer Popsicles with a bowl of ice cream or blended into some ice cream to make a slushie. You can add sliced lemons into the popsicle molds, or if you’re using round molds a lemon slice added to the bottom of the popsicle before freezing looks fun and festive for serving!
Looking for more alcoholic popsicles?
I’ve pulled together over 50 delicious adult popsicles in this post–from pudding pops to slushies it’s got everything you need for your summer party.
- Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Popsicles I love these refreshing and light vodka pops! They’re easy to pull together when company is coming.
- Frozen Vodka Lemonade Pops I think these are my favorite to make because of the zipper pouches! They look pretty and are easy to keep frozen and sealed in a cooler.
- Dirty Pirate Popsicles A fun twist on the classic rum and coke popsicles, these have Kahlua too!
- Strawberry Margarita Popsicles with BlackberriesI love these during blackberry season, but they’re delicious with just the strawberry flavor as well–you could easily add another fruit into this recipe if you’d like.
Alcoholic Arnold Palmer Pops
- 3 cup Arizona tea Arnold Palmer Half & Half Lemonade/Iced Tea
- 2 oz vodka Jeremiah Weed sweet-tea flavored(or you can use regular vodka)
Optional - lemon slices
- Open the Arnold Palmer container and pour 3 cups into a pitcher.
- Add 1/4 cup vodka and stir to mix well.
- Optional - place a lemon slice into each Popsicle mold.
- Pour the lemonade/iced tea/vodka mixture into each Popsicle mold, up to the fill line.
- Freeze overnight.