These Weight Watchers Instant Pot cupcakes are quick, easy, and delicious. Not to mention they are only 8 SmartPoints per serving!
With the new Freestyle SmartPoints program you can have a cupcake with frosting for just 9 points! Without frosting they’re only 7 Freestyle SmartPoints each.
Finding Weight Watchers desserts can be tough. It’s frustrating when you want to make healthy choices but can’t find something that is tasty and easy.
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Cupcakes
Once I figured out how to bake with my Instant Pot, it was a game changer. These delicious Weight Watchers Instant Pot cupcakes are perfect for curing even the most persistent sweet tooth.
If you’ve been saving up your weekly and rollover points on the new Freestyle plan you can use those to splurge a little…let’s be honest, you can have these even if you don’t have a bunch of extra points lying around!
Finding healthy and delicious Weight Watchers recipes doesn’t have to be tough…Try this breakfast fried rice, or maybe this Instant Pot lasagna is more your style? You can see all of my delicious WW recipes with points calculated right —–>> here.
Instructions Needed for WW Friendly Instant Pot Cupcakes:
- In a large bowl, mix together the cupcake ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a silicone cupcake liners, fill the liners 3/4 of the way full. You can also use ramekins or small glass jars to make mini cakes.
- Cover with foil.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Insert the trivet or a silicone steaming basket.
- Carefully place the cupcakes on the trivet.
- Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using manual setting for 25 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release when done.
- Remove the cupcakes and let them cool. If any condensation built up on the cupcakes, just use a towel to dab it off.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, mix together your frosting. You can either spread the frosting or pipe it.
If you are looking for an Instant Pot this post has all the good info —->> How to choose the right Instant Pot <<—– will help you figure out which Instant Pot is right for you and show you where to buy for the best deal!
For those of you wondering where those adorable silicone cups came from? Right here —->> Adorable Pink Silicone Cups
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Cupcakes
- 2 bananas ripe, mashed
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
Optional mix-ins: walnuts, raisins, and dark chocolate chips
Instant Pot Directions
- Place a trivet in the bottom of the pot and add 2 cups of water.
- Mash two large bananas in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the almond milk, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and any optional mix-ins.
- Lightly spray your silicone cupcake liners with cooking spray and fill ¾ full with batter.
- Cover each cupcake with aluminum foil, and place your cupcakes on top of the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Select pressure cook (high) and set the cook time for 25 minutes.
- While your cupcakes are cooking mix peanut butter, maple syrup, and cocoa powder together in a small bowl until well combined.
- When the cook time is complete let the pressure release naturally. Once the pressure valve drops, remove the lid, and gently remove your cupcakes.
- Remove the aluminum foil from your cupcakes, and let them cool.
- Once cupcakes are cooled use a spatula to cover each with 1 tbsp of frosting. Serve, or refrigerate for later.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Mash two large bananas in a medium mixing bowl. Gently stir in the almond milk, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and any optional mix-ins.
- Fill each cupcake ¾ with batter.
- Cook for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserts and comes out clean.
- While your cupcakes are cooking mix peanut butter, maple syrup, and cocoa powder together in a small. Mix until well combined and there are no lumps of cocoa powder.
- Cool your cupcakes to room temperature.
- Once cupcakes are cooled use a spatula to cover each with 1 tbsp of frosting.
- Blue Plan Points- One frosted cupcake is just 10 points, and 7 points for unfrosted.
- Green Plan Points- One frosted cupcake is just 10 points.
- Purple Plan Points - One frosted cupcake is just 10 points.
- Raisins: Add one point per cupcake.
- Walnuts: Add one point per cupcake.
- Dark chocolate chips: Add three points per cupcake.
- You can mash your bananas with a fork or potato masher to avoid big lumps of banana.
- You can substitute unsweetened applesauce for the bananas. Just replace the 2 large bananas with 1 cup of applesauce. Your points won't change.
- One of my favorite changes is omitting the cocoa powder, and making a sweet peanut butter frosting.
- Rice flour can be substituted in equal amounts for whole wheat flour, or gluten free flour. The points change for each of these, so be sure to double check.
- If you’d rather make a cake, just add your batter to an Instant Pot safe round dish, and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Instead of silicone cupcake liners, you can use ramekins, mason jars, or a springform pan.