This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
I have a sweet tooth, and it’s not easily satisfied with healthier desserts. I’m working on that. These banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are helping. They’re healthy chocolate chip cookies that help you fight cravings for sweets, and they stay well in the fridge!
Our flour-free Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with only five simple ingredients. Ingredients that you most likely always have on hand, and are ready to go in a sweet craving emergency.
Our baked cookies are easy to make, and will be your new go to recipe for banana oatmeal cookies. With no refined sugar, our recipe is naturally sweetened with bananas.
These easy banana oatmeal cookies can also be easily modified to be gluten-free by using gluten free oatmeal!
Pro tip: Double our easy banana oatmeal cookies recipe and thank me later. We love to keep a batch in the freezer ready to go when our craving strikes.
Where’s the Recipe?
Here at My Crazy Good Life we write our recipes so all of our readers can be successful. In each recipe, we include detailed instructions, healthy eating plan points, tips and tricks, and nutritional information.
If you are a novice in the kitchen, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll support you along your cooking journey and help you be successful! If you are ready to start cooking without all of our helpful tips and tricks, simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you’ll find our easy to print Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.
- Bananas: You’ll need a mashed bananas or two on hand that are ripe. We’ve used overripe bananas too, and they work great, also. The mashed banana will naturally sweeten the absolutely delicious oatmeal cookies. Don’t worry, the banana flavor isn’t overpowering in this recipe. You’ll enjoy a subtle banana flavor in our banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- Oats: Quick oats or old fashioned rolled oats, it didn’t seem to matter which I used. You may also use gluten free oats in this cookie recipe if needed.
- Cinnamon: Anything with cinnamon will taste amazing. The cinnamon combined with the oats, mashed banana, and dark chocolate chips is perfection in a bite.
- Vanilla Extract: Yum. Vanilla flavor mixed with oats and chocolate chips. Swoon.
- Sea salt: In my opinion, all things delicious have a solid blend of sweet and salty.
- Dark chocolate chips: We love the flavor of dark chocolate chips with these banana oatmeal cookies. If you do choose to use a different type of chocolate chip, like semi sweet chocolate chips, please recalculate your healthy eating plan points.
How to Make Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. I tried to do them with my mixer, but they didn’t get as mushy as I wanted. The fork works well.
- Add everything but the chocolate chips to the large mixing bowl and mix for 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand.
- Drop large spoonfuls of unbaked cookie dough onto a prepared baking sheet, you should get about 8 cookies per batch.
- Cook for 18-22 minutes. It’s not easy to tell when they’re done because they’re so dark. I poke them and see if they fall apart. If they start to come apart, give them a few more minutes.
- Remove and cool completely and store in the fridge.
- Be sure to let the banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container if storing in the refrigerator. Our oatmeal banana cookies may also be stored in the freezer for a longer period of time.
- To thaw the cookies from the freezer, simply move the cookies to the refrigerator. We don’t recommend heating them in the microwave.
- Use ripe bananas for this recipe. You can identify ripe bananas as bananas that are yellow with brown spots on it. Overripe bananas tend to turn mostly brown. They will still work, but we’ve found the most success in using ripe bananas that just have a little bit of brown spots on the peel.
- Normally cookies turn a nice golden brown color when finished. Since these are darker in color, you won’t be able to use the golden brown coloring as a key to tell when finished. We use the poke test on this. If you poke them, and they start to fall apart put them back in the oven for a few minutes.
- This banana chocolate chip cookies call for dark chocolate chips. If you use semi sweet chocolate chips, or milk chocolate chips in this recipe, you’ll need to recalculate your healthy eating plan points.
- This recipe could easily be modified into a gluten free recipe. Simply swap out the old fashioned oats for a gluten free variety of oats. They make plenty of brands of gluten free old fashioned oats, as well as gluten free quick oats available in grocery stores.
- We love that our banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are made with no refined sugar. You won’t find granulated sugar, or light brown sugar in this recipe. They are naturally sweetened with the mashed banana. These yummy cookies are perfectly sweet without the added sugar.
- Our healthy banana oatmeal cookies could be made without chocolate chips, and instead add raisins into the banana cookies. Both way of making our banana oatmeal cookies taste amazing.
Healthy Eating Plans
21 Day Fix or Portion Fix
Counts as a yellow container treat swap. 2 cookies = one yellow container.
If you’re using raisins in these cookies, your swap will be 1/2 purple, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 teaspoon :)
Each serving counts as 3 2023 Plan Points | 3 Blue Points | 3 Green Points | 2 Purple Points each if you make 8 per batch. If you make them smaller you can adjust your points accordingly.
More Delicious Recipes
- Healthy Rice Pudding Recipe with Brown Rice
- Healthy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream
- Post Workout Snack | Apple Cookie Snacks
- 2B Mindset Dessert Recipes
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mixing Bowls
- Parchment Paper
- 2 bananas mashed, ripe
- 1 cup oats quick cook or rolled, it didn’t seem to matter which I used. Use gluten free oats if needed.
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. I tried to do them with my mixer, but they didn't get as mushy as I wanted. 2 bananas
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, to a mixing bowl and mix together for 1 minute. 1 cup oats , 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand. (this will keep them from breaking). 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Using a spoon, place 8 cookie-sized portions onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 18-22 minutes. It's not easy to tell when they're done because they're so dark. I poke them and see if they fall apart. If they start to come apart, give them a few more minutes.
- When done, cool and store in the fridge.
- 21 Day Fix: This counts as a yellow container treat swap. 2 cookies = one yellow container.
- Weight Watchers Each serving counts as 3 2023 Plan Points | 3 Blue Points | 3 Green Points | 2 Purple Points each if you make 8 per batch. If you make them smaller you can adjust your points accordingly.