Sometimes creamy soups can be very unhealthy. This healthy cream of mushroom soup is going to change all of that! You can whip this up at home for a tasty alternative to the canned stuff. Bonus? You can customize this to any cream of vegetable you’d like–asparagus, celery, broccoli, anything!
With only a few ingredients this healthy cream of mushroom soup is a win win! You don’t need a lot of fancy stuff to make this tasty recipe. I love using this cream of mushroom soup in my healthy tuna casserole recipe.
Can you freeze homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup?
If you are preparing food for the whole week, check out these meal plan tips. This healthy cream of mushroom soup is perfect for lunches on the go during the week. You can make a batch and heat it up as needed!
I love making multiple batches of this soup and sticking it in the freezer! I usually freeze it in 1 cup portions and pull out a bag when I’m making a casserole. I make sure to stir the cream of mushroom soup well before I put it into freezer bags so all the mushrooms don’t fall to the bottom.
How do you make healthy Cream of Mushroom soup?
1. Sauté mushrooms with oil until tender, add balsamic vinegar and flour or substitute.
2. Into a large pot, pour chicken stock and mushroom mixture.
3. Add almond milk, allow liquids to come to a rolling boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes.
What recipes can you use this healthy cream of mushroom soup in?
These are my favorite recipes to use homemade cream of mushroom soup in!
- Healthy Tuna Casserole (Instant Pot and Crockpot recipes here)
- Healthy Crockpot Pot Roast recipe
- You might need this homemade onion soup mix too!
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup Recipe
Healthy Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup white mushrooms sliced
- 3 C chicken stock
- 2 t olive oil
- ¼ C flour or any substitute you like
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 C almond milk
- Sauté mushrooms with oil until tender, add balsamic vinegar and flour or substitute.
- Into a large pot, pour chicken stock and mushroom mixture.
- Add almond milk, allow liquids to come to a rolling boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes.