There isn’t anything better (to me) than freshly baked oatmeal–especially when it’s apple cinnamon flavored. Cooking Instant Pot Baked Oatmeal makes my morning so much better–I love that with a pressure cooker, you don’t have to babysit your food while you cook it.
I love the smell of apple cinnamon oatmeal, and love the heartiness of baked oatmeal–with this recipe, you can eat it now or make a batch to save it for later, and it still tastes the same–delicious. This healthy apple cinnamon oatmeal makes the perfect grab and go breakfast.
Just take me to the Instant Pot Baked Oatmeal recipe!
I have readers from all levels of cooking experience and comfort here on My Crazy Good Life, and I receive a lot of questions about recipes.
To help everyone in my community, I’ve made a commitment to put a lot of helpful information in my posts.
If you’d like to skip over the cooking tips, how to change the recipe size, and diet information, please scroll down to the bottom of the page for the printable Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal recipe!
What is baked oatmeal?
Baked oatmeal is a hearty cake-like oatmeal. It contains eggs and has a more more firm texture than traditional oatmeal.
People who don’t normally care for the texture of oatmeal tend to like baked oatmeal.
Is oatmeal healthy?
Oatmeal is a heart healthy way to start your day. This healthy baked oatmeal recipe contains no refined sugar like brown sugar, but instead uses maple syrup to sweeten it.
Oatmeal is a whole grain and is a great source of fiber and slow burning carbs, so it will keep you full longer than other foods.
This Instant Pot Baked oatmeal is a great way to start your day. I love that I can add all of the ingredients to the pot and walk away, coming back to a delicious breakfast when I’m ready to eat!
- Oats: I prefer rolled oats for this recipe.
- Almond Milk: unsweetened
- Baking powder: helps the oatmeal to achieve its texture and allows it to rise more
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup: I use real maple syrup. The less ingredients on the label, the better.
- Eggs: These help the oatmeal with the thick muffin-like texture.
- Apples: For sweetness. You can easily leave these out if you’d rather have a plain oatmeal that you can add your own toppings to each morning.
Directions for making Instant Pot baked oatmeal:
Time needed: 12 minutes.
- Prepare your pot
Add 2 cups of water to the pot and set trivet at the bottom. Spray the inside of your coffee mugs or large ramekins with oil.
- In each mug, add the all of your ingredients. Mix well with a spoon.
You can also add all of the ingredients into a bowl and transfer the oat mixture to the mugs (or a baking dish if you’re making extra).
- Add oatmeal cups to pot
Be careful to set them down flat so they don’t tip.
- Cook for 10 minutes
Close and lock the lid, set cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When cook time is done, quick release the pressure. Remove lid and carefully life out oatmeal cups.
Add extra syrup, sliced bananas or other fresh fruit, peanut butter, or your other favorite toppings!
Tips for cooking this recipe:
- You can easily double the recipe. To cook a larger batch, use an Instant Pot safe baking dish and cook up to 8 servings at a time. Baking time for 8 servings is 20 minutes. To gather the correct ingredient amounts, scroll down the printable recipe below and tap the serving number, then use the slider to increase the serving amounts.
- Allowing this recipe to naturally release is not a problem. It will be ready when the cook time is over but can easily stay in the pot for a bit if you’re running around and can’t remove it.
Ideas for toppings:
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- sliced bananas
- chopped nuts
Healthy Eating Plans
Weight Watchers: Per serving: 3 Blue plan points, 7 Green plan points, 1 Purple plan point.
21 Day Fix/Ultimate Portion Fix: 2 yellow containers, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 red container, and 1/4 purple container per serving.
More delicious Instant Pot breakfast recipes:
Instant Pot Baked Oatmeal Cups | Apple Cinnamon
For 1 Mug (to make more servings, scroll up and tap the serving size to increase)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup almond milk or coconut
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup diced apples optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a coffee mug. Mix well so that all the oatmeal is wet.
- Add 2 cups water in the Instant Pot insert and place the trivet on the bottom. Place the coffee mug in the Instant Pot on top of the trivet. My Instant Pot was able to hold 4 coffee mugs.
- Close the lid and pressure valve.
- Cook on high pressure using the manual setting for 10 minutes. When done, turn the Instant Pot off and let the pressure release naturally. Remove the mug(s) from the Instant Pot. Be careful, they will be hot.
- Serve while warm or take with you on your way out of the house.
To make multiple servings:
- 1-4 servings can be cooked for 10 minutes in individual mugs. If you're making a dish of oatmeal with more servings, cook up to 8 servings for 20 minutes.