This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
Meal planning on the 21 Day Fix can be challenging and a bit overwhelming when you begin the journey. Counting containers and learning what foods are approved and unapproved (and why) is a lot to take in during your first week.
Even when you have recipes with the counts already calculated for you, it can be tough to begin and you might realize that a lot of your favorite recipes are not following the clean eating guidelines set in place by the 21 Day Fix.
It’s important to find reliable sources for Beachbody Meal Plans–including the 21 Day Fix, Ultimate Portion Fix, and other colored container programs. This is a resource you can bookmark and save for later.
Which 21 Day Fix Meal Plan do you need?
1,200-1,499 calories, Bracket A: 4 green containers (veggies), 2 purple containers (fruits), 4 red containers (protein), 2 yellow containers (carbs), 1 blue container (healthy fats), 1 orange container (seeds and dressings), and 3 teaspoons of oil. (These are the updated counts from the new Ultimate Portion Fix, released in March 2019)
1,500-1,799 calories, Bracket B: 4 green containers, 3 purple containers, 4 red containers, 3 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container, and 4 teaspoons of oil.
1,800-2,099 calories, Bracket C: 5 green containers, 3 purple containers, 5 red containers, 4 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container, and 5 teaspoons of oil.
2,100-2,299 calories, Bracket D: 6 green containers, 4 purple containers, 6 red containers, 4 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container, and 6 teaspoons of oil.
2,300-2,499 Calories, Bracket E: 7 green containers, 5 purple containers, 6 red containers, 5 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container, and 7 teaspoons of oil.
2,500-2,800 Calories, Bracket F: 8 green containers, 5 purple containers, 7 red containers, 5 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container, and 8 teaspoons of oil.
Are these Ultimate Portion Fix Meal Plans?
They are! The Ultimate Portion Fix was released in March of 2019 and among a few other changes, Beachbody added two additional brackets–E and F.
Does the 21 Day diet work?
The 21 Day Fix is a macro based program that gives your body the proper amount of carbs, fats, veggies, proteins, and oils. It has worked for many, many people and if you stick with it, the 21 Day Fix helps you with portion control and eating the right combinations of foods.
From my own experience, knowing what you’ll be eating for the day or week significantly takes the stress out of the Fix and greatly reduces the urge for unhealthy snacking, which will help you stay on track.
One tip I want to share is to always plan dinner first. Usually it’s most difficult to find something “on plan” that everyone in your family will eat, so it’s easiest to plan that meal first and fill in your other containers around it.
A note about Easy Meal Plans:
I’ve seen readers have great success with simple meal plans–plans that contain no recipes, just simple foods. If you see a food that you don’t want to use for any reason–whether you don’t care for it or don’t have it in your pantry–go ahead and swap it out with any other food of that color on the food list. For example, don’t like butter? Just swap it with nut butter–since they both count as a teaspoon.
Examples of simple healthy foods are sweet potatoes, brown rice, broccoli, oatmeal, peanut butter, and hard boiled eggs.
Free Easy Meal Plans: one week plans
Paid Easy Meal Plans: 21 day plans with grocery lists for easy shopping
21 Day Fix Meal Plans for Bracket A: 1200-1499 calories bracket
The Ultimate Portion Fix changed this bracket up a little and now calls for 4 greens a day and 3 teaspoons–that’s one extra green container and one extra teaspoon.
- Delicious plan for the 1200-1499 calories bracket + new UPF containers
- EASY Meal Plan (no recipes) for Bracket A + new UPF containers
- 1200-1499 Calorie Lindsay B Fitness
- Easy Full Week for 21 Day Fix 1200-1499 Calorie Level – From Flab to Fab
- Simple Plan with Shopping List for 21 Day Fix 1200-1499 Calorie Level – The Fitness Focus
- 90 Minutes or Less 21 Day Fix 1200 Calorie Plan – The Beachbody Blog
- Aldi Plan and Shopping List Beachready Now
Meal Plans for Plan B: 1500-1799 calories bracket
Here is a collection of plans for the 1500-1799 calorie level of the 21 Day Fix. These plans are for Plan B.
- Plan for Bracket B: 1500-1799
- Easy 21 Day Fix Plan for Bracket B: No recipes, just basic easy foods–perfect for beginners!
- Rainbow plan for 1500-1799 calorie bracket
- Plan and grocery list for 1500 calorie bracket
- Vegetarian Plan for the 1500-1799 Calorie Level
Meal Plans for Plan C: 1800-2099 calories bracket
If you are in a higher calorie level bracket you know how hard it can be to come up with creative ways to fill all of those containers. These plans are full of healthy meals that are all FIXed.
- My plan for Bracket C: 1800-2099 calories
- Easy Menu for Bracket C – no recipes, just basic foods.
- Countdown to Competition Meal Prep for 1800 calories bracket
- 21 Day Fix Extreme for 1800 Plan C
- No Cook Meal Prep for 1800 calorie bracket
- Sample plan for Bracket C
- Five day plan for bracket C with free printable
Meal Plans for Plan D: 2100-2299 Calorie Bracket
- Here is my plan for the 2100-2299 bracket
- Easy Plan for Bracket D (no recipes!)
- Simple plan for 2100 calorie bracket
- I love this vegetable heavy meal prep from the Beachbody blog!
Meal Plans for Plan E: 2,300 to 2,499 Bracket (added Spring 2019)
Meal Plans for Plan F: 2,500-2,800 Calorie Bracket (added Spring 2019)
It depends on your bracket! You can figure out which bracket you’re in. You can do that on my 21 Day Fix meal plan page.
If you’re working out, multiply your current weight by 11, then add 400. Now subtract 750. Need more details? Find your bracket here.
The focus is on whole, unprocessed foods. Think less ingredients, little or no packaging, and no sugar. Is this 21 Day Fix approved?