This easy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans is a healthy holiday side dish! This family favorite Thanksgiving side dish is the perfect amount of sweet and wholesome–you’re going to love it! This mashed sweet potato casserole topped with coconut sugar and pecans is so delicious and easy to make.
Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet potato casserole is a classic dish that many come to expect at the holidays. This one is made with more clean, wholesome ingredients so you can enjoy it without so much of the guilt. It’s a healthy sweet potato casserole that the whole family will enjoy!
How do I make this sweet potato casserole?
1. Mix the sweet potato, coconut sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, milk and eggs together by hand or with an electric mixer, and place it into a greased pan.
2. Melt butter, add coconut sugar and stir until dissolved. Stir in almond flour and pecans. Combine until well mixed and crumbly and sprinkle topping.
3. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes in a small casserole dish.
It really is as easy as all of that! I use my Instant Pot to make the sweet potatoes because they come out perfect every time and I can mash them right up! You can bake them or boil them or use whatever method makes you happy!
Can I eat this healthy sweet potato casserole on 2B Mindset?
Yes! The ingredients that I’ve used to make this sweet potato casserole are approved for 2B Mindset. It’s a Fiber Filled Carb (FFC) or a silly carb so you’ll still want to eat it in moderation and within the limits of the program, but it’s not off limits like some marshmallow varieties would be :)
What’s in the bottom layer of my healthy sweet potato casserole?
My sweet potato casserole is made in two layers. The bottom layer includes:
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (boiled, peeled, and mashed)
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
½ cup coconut or almond milk
What’s in the topping for this casserole?
It’s not marshmallows…sorry ;) but it does include some equally delicious ingredients. Here’s the list:
¼ cup butter
1/4 C coconut sugar
½ cup almond flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
21 Day Fix Container Count, per serving (there are six servings in the recipe)
1Y, 2 sweetener teaspoons, 2 oil teaspoons, about 1/6R, and about 3/4B
Do you have other delicious and healthy recipes I can try?
- Healthy Starbucks Red Pepper Egg Bites
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup | Instant Pot | Slow Cooker | Stove Top
- Healthy Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- Healthy Lemon Bars
- Healthy Tuscan Chicken Pasta | Instant Pot | Slow Cooker | Stovetop
Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes boiled, peeled, and mashed
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix the sweet potato, coconut sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, milk and eggs together by hand or with an electric mixer, and place it into a greased pan.
- Melt butter, add coconut sugar and stir until dissolved. Stir in almond flour and pecans. Combine until well mixed and crumbly and sprinkle topping.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes in a small casserole dish.
*nutrition calculations are approximate