We all love the holidays. It’s a great time to get together with family and friends. There are heartfelt traditions, delicious recipes, and so many leftovers.
Thanksgiving dinner leftovers are not only great for using the day after Thanksgiving, but can be frozen and used in your poultry recipes for months.
There are so many delicious turkey leftover recipes–sandwiches, soups, pot pies, and casseroles are some of my favorite comfort foods. Whether you cook your own turkey or eat store bought, we’ve got your leftovers taken care of.
Not quite ready for the leftovers yet? If you’re still looking for Thanksgiving dinner recipes, here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Smashed Rosemary Potatoes
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
Wondering what to do with Thanksgiving Leftovers?
Store all of your Thanksgiving leftovers in air tight meal prep containers to make them last.
- Leftover Turkey: Store (off the bone is easiest) in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer up to two months. If you have leftover chicken you can store it the same.
- Leftover Cranberries: You can freeze fresh cranberries or keep them in the fridge. I prefer making this easy fresh cranberry sauce with mine and freezing that.
Appetizer Recipes Made With Thanksgiving Leftovers
These leftover Thanksgiving turkey recipes are perfect for making easy appetizers for your family or a crowd.
I love taking recipes made for chicken breasts and using my turkey leftovers in them–perfect for thinking out of the box a little!
- Every year I turn this Crack Chicken recipe into Crack Turkey Dip in mini bell peppers!!
- Turkey Leftover Dumplings
- Mashed Potato Puffs
- Thanksgiving Leftover Stuffed Egg Rolls with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Nachos
- Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Egg Rolls
- Cheesy Turkey Mashed Potato Bites
Soups with Leftover Turkey
The easiest thing I think anyone can make with leftover turkey is soup! If you’ve found yourself here without turkey, you can use rotisserie chicken for them as well.
- Turkey Carcass Soup (pictured above)
- Turkey Chili
- Turkey Pot Pie Soup
- Turkey Corn Chowder
- Turkey Orzo Soup
- Creamy Turkey and Mashed Potato Potpie Soup
Leftover Turkey Casseroles
Talk about an easy meal–I love using these after Thanksgiving recipes to make a casserole for dinner!
- Crack Chicken Turkey Casserole (a simple swap from chicken to turkey here!
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole
- Turkey Tetrazzini with Panko Crust
- TLC (Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole)
- Turkey and Mashed Potatoes Casserole
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich Ideas
Maybe I fibbed when I said leftover soups were the easiest–because turkey sandwiches are right there as well. I love making these delicious day after Thanksgiving sandwiches!
- These Cranberry Turkey Lettuce Wraps are so easy and delicious! No leftover cranberry sauce? This recipe walks you through making an easy cranberry sauce in the Instant Pot or on the stove.
- Thanksgiving Sandwich Showdown
- Turkey Cranberry Quesadillas
- Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad
- Thanksgiving Quesadillas
- Turkey and Cranberry Sauce Salad Sandwich
Easy Leftover Recipes for Turkey Pot Pies
My family loves turkey pot pies more than any other leftover–as long as there is stuffing in it! Here are some of our favorite recipes.
Fun and Out of The Box Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
Looking for something new and unique? These out of the box recipe ideas are perfect!