This healthy Breakfast Fried Rice recipe is the perfect way to start your day! This bacon fried rice can be a filling breakfast or breakfast side dish!
Who doesn’t love bacon?! I love that this healthy breakfast fried rice packs in the flavor of bacon and chicken sausage along with the fresh veggies. This is a recipe that we eat anytime of day.
If you’re on the 21 Day Fix, this recipe is extra awesome because the entire family can enjoy it and nobody will know it’s healthy!
Everyone will devour this breakfast fried rice without knowing they’re getting a lightened up version that hides some vegetables as well.
Healthy Breakfast Fried Rice
Cooking this in a cast iron skillet is easy and quick. If you prefer to use a wok I think that would work just as well if not better! This recipe comes together in just a few minutes, so it’s perfect for those nights when you don’t know what to cook.
If you are not on the 21 Day Fix here’s a link to the program so you can check it out. It’s a great way to jumpstart your healthy lifestyle goals.
Why does the recipe say to make the rice ahead of time?
If the rice sits overnight it’s not quite as sticky. I love using this Instant Pot brown rice recipe to cook mine in big batches and then freeze, so I always have perfect rice for this recipe.
If you don’t have any rice that you’ve already made, that is absolutely ok–it’ll still be delicious!
What is Tamari?
Tamari is similar to soy sauce, but it’s Japanese (soy sauce is a Chinese condiment). It’s usually thicker, less salty, and contains less wheat. Once I tried tamari, I switched immediately to using that exclusively and have never purchased soy sauce again.
I feel that tamari has a much better flavor than soy sauce. It’s more expensive, for sure, but worth it to me.
I love making healthy alternatives to my favorite recipes. Like this delicious Instant Pot Lasagna that is 21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers friendly! Or maybe these awesome cupcakes?! Bacon and cupcakes without straying from the 21 Day Fix?!
Healthy Breakfast Fried Rice
Ingredients for Breakfast Fried Rice:
- 1/2 cup green onion diced
- 1/4 cup Tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut crystals optional
- 2 cups bell pepper diced
- 1 cup peas & carrots frozen
- 3/4 cups ham diced, fat free if you're on the 21 Day Fix
- 4 eggs scrambled
- 3/4 cups link sausage diced, I use all natural chicken sausage
- 8 slices turkey bacon cooked and broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice cook the day before and store in refrigerator for best results
Directions for Breakfast Fried Rice:
- Mix Tamari with coconut crystals and mustard Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, ham and sausage (add any additional items at this time also).
- Sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add bacon, peas and carrots and rice.
- Pour Tamari mixture over rice and stir gently to combine
- Gently stir in cooked eggs. Cook until heated through.
*nutrition calculations are approximate