This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of S&W Beans.
After a hard workout, I like to make sure I fuel back up with some protein. The best recipe I’ve found that adds a quick protein pick me up are these black bean brownie protein bites.Yes, black beans! Beans are a great source of muscle-building protein and these brownie protein bites are the most delicious and easy way to make sure I have a protein-rich snack ready after a workout.
This recipe contains no added sugar or flour.
Ingredients for Black Bean Brownie Protein Bites
1 15 oz can of S&W Black Beans (rinsed and drained well)
2T cocoa powder
1/2C gluten-free oats
1/4C coconut oil
1t almond extract
1/2t baking powder
1 bag dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Rinse and drain the black beans.
3. Blend beans in a food processor until VERY smooth. Add in the rest of your ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
4. Blend until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into an 8×8 pan that has been sprayed with olive oil.
6. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (not counting melted chocolate).
7. Cool then refrigerate, and cut in 2×2 pieces. These brownies are best served chilled.
Makes 16 2×2 bites.
Why Black Beans?
Beans are a slow-digesting carb, which provides energy during your post-workout slump. They’re also full of plant-based protein to help you repair and build muscles, and high in fiber to help with feeling full longer and maintaining a healthy weight. S&W is my favorite brand (so this was a natural partnership for me), and I love the emphasis they put on quality. They check their beans every 30 minutes for moisture and consistency.
Black Bean Brownie Protein Bites
- 1 15 oz can of S&W Black Beans rinsed and drained well
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350
Rinse and drain the black beans.
Blend beans in a food processor until VERY smooth. Add in the rest of your ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
Blend until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into an 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with olive oil.
Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (not counting melted chocolate).
Cool then refrigerate, and cut in 2x2 pieces. These brownies are best served chilled.
Makes 16 2x2 bites.