Sweet treats don’t have to be bad for you! These sweet stuffed acorn squash are delicious, easy, and healthy! Baked acorn squash is versatile and perfect for fall!
These sweet stuffed acorn squash halves make an excellent treat or dessert. They’re sweet and the perfect healthy cure when those cravings strike.One of the best ways to make sure you stay on track with the 21 Day Fix and other healthy lifestyle programs is to have options for an indulgence.
We all get hit with cravings, we can’t be successful long term by forcing ourselves to try and ignore them entirely. For a sweet treat that will fill you up and give you some energy, try this baked squash recipe!
Sweet Stuffed Acorn Squash | Baked Acorn Squash Recipe
One of the main reasons squash is an excellent option for any healthy lifestyle program is that it is versatile. You can use it in a sweet recipe like these sweet stuffed acorn squash halves or you can use it in savory recipes like this soup! With a spaghetti squash you can even make a favorite pasta dish lighter and healthier!
Pair sweet stuffed acorn squash with these:
Here are some other fall squash favorites that would go great with these sweet stuffed acorn squash halves for dessert!
Butternut Squash French Fries Recipe
How to bake acorn squash:
Pour ¼ inch boiling water into dish.
Place dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, cinnamon, and oil.
Remove squash from oven after 30 minutes.
Turn halves over and stuff each with apple mixture.
For extra sweetness, sprinkle (optional) coconut crystals in halves before putting in apple mixture.
Return to oven and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes (or until squash and apples are tender).
21 Day Fix container counts for baked acorn squash:
Container Counts for entire recipe:
3 Oil teaspoons
2 Sweetener Teaspoons
Container Counts Per Serving:
2 Servings: Each 1/2 of acorn squash and 1/2 of apple mixture
1.5 oil Tsp
1 Sweetener Teaspoon
Cranberries are a yellow container treat swap
Weight Watchers: 9 Freestyle SmartPoints per serving when using 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Printable recipe for sweet stuffed acorn squash:
Sweet Stuffed Acorn Squash | Baked Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 apple cored, and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons cranberries optional, dried
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar coconut crystals, or other approved sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pour ¼ inch boiling water into dish.
- Place dish in oven and back for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, cinnamon, and oil
- Remove squash from oven after 30 minutes.
- Turn halves over and stuff each with apple mixture.
- For extra sweetness, sprinkle (optional) coconut crystals in halves before putting in apple mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes (or until squash and apples are tender).