This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
If you’re looking for an updated 21 Day Fix Food List to print and hang on the fridge, I’ve got one for you! There are two versions of the list – a one page list for handy access on the go and a two page list with some extra info like flours and milks and a larger font.
Beachbody has updated their food list over the years, and the 21 Day Fix has slowly evolved into the nutrition program called Portion Fix. Beachbody has spoken unofficially on social media about foods not on the list, and I’ve pulled together all of that information for you along with the official food list and created a handy food list that you can reference.
Why does your food list look different?
When I’m in my kitchen cooking, or answering questions from readers, I like to be able to easily reference the Ultimate Portion Fix book. I don’t carry the book with me though, so it’s always helpful to have this Printable Updated 21 Day Fix Food List with me. I have a screenshot of it on my phone so I can reference it while I’m out, as well as one that I have printed and hung on my fridge.
I’m not a Beachbody coach or salesperson, I’m just like you – someone on a lifelong journey to a healthy lifestyle. I have taken courses and earned my Precision Nutrition Certificate, so much of the information I share is from a nutrition background as well.
What is included on the 21 Day Fix Updated Food List?
The ONE page color coded food list contains the approved items from each of the food groups / color-coded containers:
(as a bonus, each link below leads to a list of recipes that counts as at least one full container of each color – this is so helpful when meal planning!)
- Green Container: 1 cup, veggies like lettuce, broccoli, collard greens, and asparagus.
- Blue Container: 1/3 cup, healthy fats like cheese, avocado, and coconut milk
- Orange Container: 2 tablespoons, like pumpkin seeds and dressings
- Purple Container: 1 cup, fruits such as apples, bananas, and berries.
- Red Container: 3/4 cup, protein like protein powder, tofu, cottage cheese, whole eggs and egg whites, and greek yogurt. The vegan list has vegan foods such as veggie burger, beans, and tempeh.
- Yellow Container: 1/2 cup, whole grain english muffins, peas and carrots, and sweet potatoes.
- Free food list (yup, there are free foods on the list!)
- Teaspoons: a literal teaspoon, mayo, nut butter, and extra-virgin olive oil
- Treat swaps: Your “junk food” is a treat swap.
- Coffee bar options
- Water options
- Each list also contains a page of shopping tips, FIX tips, and life tips for the most successful round. These are things you might need explained to you, like how tomato sauce counts as a green if there is no sugar added, but a purple if the ingredient list contains sugar.
The TWO page color coded food list includes all of the above plus:
- It contains larger print
- Flour options and their containers
- Milk options and their containers
I’ve also added information that every FIXer should know, including container sizes and nutrition information for each container. This 21 Day Fix container guide helps you make educated decisions when you’re choosing what to eat.
For example, knowing that the yellow container averages 45-140 calories, you can assume that one 120 calorie serving of whole grain bread is a yellow. This helps you when picking out foods at the grocery store!
Click below to view, download, or take a screenshot of my printable 21 Day Fix Food Lists!
Looking for more 21 Day Fix resources?
If you’re looking for more tools like meal planning worksheets, weight loss and measurement trackers, and even an editable meal planning spreadsheet, you’re going to love my free printable library.
If you’d like access to the printables, please sign up for emails and my login will be sent to you. (After entering your email address, you will be added to the My Crazy Good Life email list. You can unsubscribe at any time.)
Becca’s Tip: Download and print two copies of the list. If you’re printing the two-sheet option, place pages back to back in a clear page protector. Hang one on the side of your refrigerator, stick one in your meal planner, and take one with you to the grocery store so you have an easily accessible shopping list to make refer to while you shop.
What’s the difference between the 21 Day Fix and Ultimate Portion Fix?
The 21 Day Fix program has undergone many changes over the years. In 2019, Beachbody decided to call it the Ultimate Portion Fix, and currently it’s known as Portion Fix.
Is the 21 Day Fix Food List in a certain order?
Yes! I know a lot of people are frustrated that the list isn’t in alphabetical order, but there is a reason for this.
While all of these foods are healthy and promote weight loss, the most nutritious ones are at the top of each container list. If you’re looking for the best way to buckle down past a plateau and continue losing weight, for example, I’d choose sweet potatoes over brown rice, or chicken breast over beef.
More 21 Day Fix Resources:
-There are more than 280 clean eating and healthy 21 Day Fix recipes here on My Crazy Good Life, and all have containers calculated for you. There are new recipes added weekly!
-Meal prep is not necessary for the Fix, but meal planning is. Think of it like a budget–instead of money, you’re budgeting your food to get the most success on the diet.
- Free 21 Day Fix Meal Plans These sample plans include different meals made from the approved food list that fit within your daily calories.
- Paid 21 Day Fix Meal Plan Options These include a grocery list and tells you what to eat every day of the week. There are meal plan options for every bracket, based on your calorie needs
You can! Alcohol counts as a yellow container treat swap on the 21 Day Fix. Learn more about 21 Day Fix treat swaps.
Veggies are GREEN, Fruits are PURPLE, Proteins are RED, Healthy Carbs are YELLOW, Healthy Fats are BLUE, and Seeds and Dressings are ORANGE. Read more about 21 Day Fix Containers.
Comments have been closed on this post. To access the printables, enter your information in the box above and be sure to add email@example.com to your address book.