If you’re looking for an updated and organized 21 Day Fix Food List to print and hang on the fridge, I’ve got one for you! There are two versions of the list – a one page list for on the go and a two page list with extra info and larger font.
You’ll be able to easily find the approved 21 Day Fix foods at home and when you’re out shopping or eating at restaurants. It’s important to understand the 21 Day Fix list of foods because while it’s not possible to have every single healthy food on one list, it is possible to use all of the information in this list I’ve put together for you to learn more about the foundations of healthy eating and potion control.
I’m not a Beachbody coach, I’m just like you – someone on the journey to a healthier lifestyle. I have taken courses and earned my Precision Nutrition Certificate, so much of the information I share is from a nutrition background as well.
Beachbody has updated the food list over the years, most recently when the Ultimate Portion Fix came out in 2019. They’ve spoken unofficially on social media about foods not on the list, and I’ve pulled together all of that information for you.
I’ve also added information that every FIXer should know, including container sizes and nutrition information for each container. This 21 Day Fix container guide helps you make educated decisions when you’re choosing what to eat. For example, knowing that the yellow container averages 45-140 calories, you can assume that one 120 calorie serving of whole grain bread is a yellow. This helps you when picking out foods at the grocery store.
With so much changing information in various places, I needed a way to keep it all straight. I researched all of the resources and combined the updates into a single sheet. Then I separated the pages into two for those of you who requested a larger font. The two page option also had room for milk options and flour options.
This Ultimate Portion Fix food list is up to date as of 2022. If you prefer to have the entire sheet on one page, I have that as well.
Becca’s Tip: Download and print two copies of the list. If you’re printing the two-sheet option, place pages back to back in a clear page protector. Hang one on the side of your refrigerator, stick one in your meal planner, and take one with you to the grocery store so you have an easily accessible shopping list to make refer to while you shop.
What’s the difference between the 21 Day Fix and Ultimate Portion Fix?
The 21 Day Fix program has undergone a few changes over the years. In 2019, Beachbody decided to call it the Ultimate Portion Fix, and currently it’s known as Portion Fix.
- Pickles have been added as a green container
- Coldcuts/lunch meat is now required to be nitrate free but not low sodium
- Plan A gets an extra green container and an extra teaspoon
- Mayo has been added to the list as a teaspoon
- Butter has been added as a teaspoon
- Unsweetened applesauce has been added
- Beef and chicken broth have been updated
- There are two new brackets: E and F.
Is this an official Beachbody Diet Food List?
There is nothing official about this list, but I do give you links to the resources that I used to create it.
Typically, I update this list when Autumn gives a container count for something on Instagram or Facebook, when a BB employee confirms something in their forums, or when there is an update from Beachbody that hasn’t made it to print yet.
Is the 21 Day Fix Food List in a certain order?
Yes! I know a lot of people are frustrated that the list isn’t in alphabetical order, but there is a reason for this. The items are listed in order from most healthy at the top of the list to least healthy at the bottom.
While all of these foods are healthy and promote weight loss, the most nutritious ones are at the top of each container list. If you’re looking for the best way to buckle down past a plateau and continue losing weight, for example, I’d choose sweet potatoes over brown rice, or chicken breast over beef.
Are you new to the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan?
Getting started on the Fix isn’t difficult. Click the link to read my overview of this weight loss plan that focuses on whole foods and healthy meals and portions (eaten from the different containers) to help get you started. I’ve included everything you need to know, including the first step of how to calculate your bracket using your current weight and this quick and easy automatic 21 Day Fix bracket calculator to find your calorie range (which will tell you how many servings of vegetables, proteins, etc you should be eating every day).
What are the 21 Day Fix containers?
Each of the 21 Day Fix containers has a purpose. Together, they ensure portion control and easy color coded macronutrient categories.
What is included on the 2022 Updated Food List?
The ONE page color coded food list contains the approved items from each of the food groups:
- Green Container: 1 cup, veggies including lettuce, broccoli, collard greens, and asparagus.
- Blue Container: 1/3 cup, healthy fats like cheese, avocado, and coconut milk
- Orange Container: 2 tablespoons, like pumpkin seeds and dressings
- Purple Container: 1 cup, fruits such as apples, bananas, and berries.
- Red Container: 3/4 cup, protein like lean meats, tofu, and cottage cheese.
- Yellow Container: 1/2 cup, whole grain english muffins, peas and carrots, and sweet potatoes.Free food list (yup, there are free foods on the list!)
- Teaspoons: a literal teaspoon, counts mayo, peanut butter, and extra-virgin olive oil
- Treat swaps: This is where your junk food would go. There is a place to fit this in three times a week in place of other containers.
- Coffee bar options
- Water options
- Shopping Tips, FIX Tips, and Life Tips for the most successful round. These are things you would need explained to you, like how tomato sauce counts as a green if there is no sugar added, but a purple if the ingredient list contains sugar.
The TWO page color coded food list includes all of the above plus:
- Larger print
How do I calculate containers for recipes on the 21 Day Fix?
After you get used to it, it’s easy. I made a video for you about how to count containers for a recipe on the Fix, and there is a written explanation as well. In short, you calculate the containers for the entire recipe first–then divide those counts by how many servings your recipe makes.
If you’d like access to my TWO PAGE food list, please sign up for emails and my login will be sent to you. This saves storage space on my website :)
Why should I sign up for your emails?
If you’d like access to my FREE printable library, which includes the ONE page and TWO PAGE Ultimate Portion Fix PDF along with more than 20 other free printables, sign up here. You will be emailed a link and password along with your 21 Day Fix Quick Start Guide (which will help you stay on track with your Fix round!). Please check your spam and junk folders for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org :)
After entering your email address, you will be added to the My Crazy Good Life email list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
More 21 Day Fix Resources:
- There are more than 200 clean eating and healthy 21 Day Fix recipes here on My Crazy Good Life, and all have containers calculated for you. There are new recipes added weekly!
- How to tell if something is 21 Day Fix approved
- Meal prep is not necessary for the Fix, but meal planning is. Think of it like a budget–instead of money, you’re budgeting your food to get the most success on the diet.
- Free 21 Day Fix Meal Plans These sample plans include different meals made from the approved food list that fit within your daily calories.
- Paid 21 Day Fix Meal Plan Options These include a grocery list and tells you what to eat every day of the week. There are meal plan options for every bracket, based on your calorie needs
You can! Alcohol counts as a yellow container treat swap on the 21 Day Fix. Learn more about 21 Day Fix treat swaps.
Veggies are GREEN, Fruits are PURPLE, Proteins are RED, Healthy Carbs are YELLOW, Healthy Fats are BLUE, and Seeds and Dressings are ORANGE. Read more about 21 Day Fix Containers.
Comments have been closed on this post. To access the food list, enter your information in the box above and be sure to add email@example.com to your address book.