This Skinny Cranberry Margarita recipe is the perfect balance between healthy and indulgent. No added sugar or artificial sweeteners, no syrups, but full of flavor and natural sweetness with about 100 calories.
This recipe is light and bubbly and just as good without the tequila. It’s a beautiful low calorie holiday cocktail, but I make these year round–not just during the holidays.
This recipe is considered healthy because it has just a few simple ingredients–sparkling water (you could also use club soda, but I haven’t seen flavored club sodas so I stick with the water), fresh limes, tequila (or vodka!), and cranberry juice.
I didn’t add orange juice, sugar, or other liqueur options because to be honest this recipe doesn’t need them. Whether you’re looking for a skinny poolside cocktail or a low calorie holiday drink, this recipe is simple and refreshing!
Need some healthy holiday recipes to snack on while you’re enjoying this drink?
- Sparkling water: Plain sparkling water like Perrier is great, but I really enjoy the extra flavor of the Lime La Croix or Lime Bubly water. Just be sure it doesn’t have any sugars or artificial sweeteners.
- Tequila: Be sure and use a good quality tequila. Lower quality tequilas often have extra ingredients that you probably don’t want to be drinking (man, I could write an entire post on that!). Cazadores, Don Julio, and Herradura are great options that you can find in your local grocery store.
- Cranberry juice: Look for 100% juice. A lot of bottled cranberry juice is just red sugar water so be sure and read your labels.
- Lime juice From freshly squeezed limes, of course ;)
- For a little added sweetness, rim the glass with lime juice and coat with raw sugar. I don’t often do this, but every once in a while it’s fun to.
- For a festive presentation, add 3 whole cranberries to a toothpick for a garnish. If you want to make sugared cranberries like I did for these pictures you can, but know that this will bump it out of the 100 calorie range.
- This is great over ice or shaken and poured.
- Not feeling the alcohol? Skip the tequila and enjoy a delicious mocktail.
- Not loving the Sparkling Cranberry Margarita? You can use still water instead of sparkling!
Time needed: 5 minutes.
This is seriously one of the easiest cocktail recipes. ever. Need to fancy it up? Add fresh cranberries and lime wedges to your glass!
- If you’d like it over ice
Add tequila, lime juice, and cranberry juice to your glass then fill to the top with sparkling water. That’s it!
- Prefer to shake it?
If you prefer, add tequila, lime juice, and cranberry juice to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 15-30 seconds. Add to a glass, then top with chilled sparkling water.
Healthy Eating Plans
If you’re on a healthy eating plan, this should fit right into it. As a 21 Day Fix margarita it fits perfectly as a treat swap because of the tequila. As a Weight Watchers margarita, it’s a low point cocktail–just 4 on all plans.
Do you have any other skinny cocktails?
One of my favorite things to do is take naturally flavored sparkling water and make different cocktails with it. I have several made for you to spark your creativity on how you can use the same sparking water to make lower calorie versions of your favorite cocktails–these are all right around 100 calories.
- Ginger Cranberry Mule To make this a lower calorie Moscow Mule, use 1/4 cup ginger beer, tequila or vodka, lime, and then fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water (flavored or unflavored).
- Vodka Popsicles with Lemonade
- White and Red Wine Popsicles
- 100 Calorie Peach Margarita
- Skinny Watermelon Margarita
- Pineapple Margarita
- Skinny Pina Colada
- Apple Cider Margarita To make this low cal, reduce the apple cider to 1/4 cup and leave out the Schnapps.
Delicious Skinny Cranberry Margarita Recipe
- 1 oz tequila
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup cranberry juice
- 10 oz sparkling water I prefer lime flavored
- Add tequila, lime juice, cranberry juice, and ice to your glass, then fill to the top with sparkling water.
- Stir and serve, or add everything except sparkling water to a cocktail shake with ice, shake and serve. Top with sparkling water.
- Weight Watchers: Each margarita counts as: 4 Blue Plan Points : 4 Green Plan Points : 4 Purple Plan Points
- 21 Day Fix/Ultimate Portion Fix: Each of these margaritas is a Yellow Treat swap for The Fix. That means you can trade one of your daily yellows for this, and believe me it’s worth it.