This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
This Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant recipe is an easy and delicious dish that’s made with no breading and just a few ingredients. If you’ve ever wondered how to cook eggplant in the air fryer, I’ll be walking you through the steps here–there’s no breading or mess, just crispy and delicious eggplant every time.
When I’m looking for healthy snacks, the air fryer is my go-to appliance. Air frying is a great way to get that crispy crunch that I crave mid-afternoon, without the extra calories of an actual fried food. I love that you don’t need bread crumbs or all purpose flour to make an amazing recipe!
Eggplant is a versatile vegetable that can be cooked in a variety of ways. It can be roasted, fried, or even grilled. However, one of the healthiest ways to cook eggplant is in an air fryer. Air fryers use hot air to cook food, which results in a crispy exterior and a tender interior. This method of cooking also uses less oil than traditional frying, making it a healthier option.
This delicious recipe is my favorite way to prepare eggplant. It’s a Weight Watchers air fryer eggplant that also works for the 21 Day Fix or any other healthy eating plan.
Where’s the recipe?
Here at My Crazy Good Life, we like to make sure that anyone can follow our recipes–whether this is your first time in the kitchen or you’re an experienced cook.
In this article you’ll find ingredient information, step-by-step instructions, plus nutrition facts and healthy eating plan calculations for the 21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers.
If you’d like to skip past that, simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you’ll find the easy to print delicious air fryer eggplant recipe card.
Ingredients for this Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant
- Eggplant: People typically think eggplant is a squash, but it’s actually a nightshade (similar to bell peppers and tomatoes). Eggplant is also a fruit! Eggplant is full of nutrients and antioxidants, and is a great addition to any healthy lifestyle.
- Avocado Oil: I prefer avocado oil for this recipe because it has a much lighter flavor than olive oil, but still has a multitude of health benefits. Avocado oil spray would work well here too.
- Seasoning: Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder are my go to. You can also add Italian seasoning, onion powder or any other favorites, if you’d like.
How to make Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant
- First preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees f.
- Next, slice eggplant into square pieces, and then add them to a large bowl.
- Drizzle your eggplant with avocado oil or a spritz of avocado oil cooking spray. You only need a little oil for this recipe.
- Top the eggplant with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add or omit seasonings to your taste preference.
- Using a spoon or spatula, stir to coat your eggplant with the oil and seasonings.
- Finally, add the seasoned diced eggplant to your preheated air fryer, and set your air fryer cook time for 25 minutes.
- Shake your eggplant every 5 five minutes, during the cooking time, to promote even cooking.
- You will know the eggplant is done when it is golden brown and soft.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. This is definitely one of those recipes that I enjoy more right after it’s been cooked.
- How should I slice my eggplant? For my air fryer, I have found that 1 inch square eggplant pieces yield the best results. You can use slices of eggplant and air fry in a single layer, but you will likely have to batch cook since only a couple of eggplant slices will fit in the bottom of the air fryer basket at once.The size and way you cut your eggplant completely depends on the size of your air fryer.
- You can adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce for a healthy air fryer eggplant Parmesan!
- This is my favorite side dish with burgers. The eggplant fries are a perfect healthy substitute for french fries since they are made with less oil.
- If you have a convection oven, you can use that for this recipe. Turn it to the Convection Bake or Convection Roast setting and enjoy oven roasted eggplant.
- Serve the eggplant with your favorite sauce or toppings, such as marinara sauce, pizza sauce, or curry sauce. Don’t forget to adjust your healthy eating plan points or containers if you make any changes.
Healthy Eating Plans
Weight Watchers healthy air fryer eggplant points were figured using the WW website and following the recipe exactly. Serving sizes will vary depending on the size of your eggplant–my eggplant filled about 2 cups after it was cut. All the ingredients, aside from avocado oil, are zero points.
Per serving (1 cup):
2023 Points: 2 | Blue Plan Points: 2 | Green Plan Points: 2 | Purple Plan Points: 2
21 Day Fix /Ultimate Portion Fix
Portion sizes of this 21 Day Fix Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant will vary based on the size of your eggplant. My eggplant was about 2 cups.
For the entire recipe: 2 Green Containers, 1 1/2 Teaspoons.
Per Serving (1 cup): 1 Green Container, 3/4 Teaspoons.
- Air Fryer Artichokes with Dipping Sauce
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
- How to Air Fry Frozen Vegetables
- How to make Frozen Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Apple Slices
- Healthy Bagel Recipe (in the air fryer!)
Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant
- Ninja Foodi
- Kitchen Knife
- Cutting Board
- 1 eggplant medium
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 350º
- Cut your eggplant into 1 inch cubes. 1 eggplant
- Toss eggplant with avocado oil, pepper, salt, and garlic powder. 1 tbsp avocado oil ½ tsp black pepper ¼ tsp salt ½ tsp garlic powder
- Add the eggplant to your air fryer and set the time for 25 minutes.
- Shake your eggplant every 5 minutes.
- Eggplant is done when it is golden brown and soft.
- You can adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and marinara for a healthy eggplant Parmesan.
- This is my favorite side dish with burgers. The eggplant is a perfect healthy substitute for fries.