This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
This Ginger Cranberry Mule is the perfect cocktail for happy hours or holiday parties. By taking the original cocktail recipe for a Moscow Mule and classing it up a bit, we introduce to you the perfect Cranberry Mule.
Cranberry Vodka, Ginger Beer and Ginger Ale, Orange Juice, and a splash of Angostura Orange Bitters makes this Cranberry Mule refreshing and delicious!
Our Cranberry Cocktail is perfect for serving to guests over the holiday season. Serve this festive cocktail in copper mugs and you’ll impress all of your guests.
It’s a trendier and more flavorful version of the classic Moscow Mule recipe.
Where’s the Recipe?
Here at My Crazy Good Life we write our recipes with the intent of supporting all of our readers. Our recipes include detailed instructions, tips and tricks, healthy eating plan point information (if applicable), and nutritional information.
If you are ready for a more simplified version of this recipe, simply scroll down to the bottom of the page where you’ll find our easy to print Cranberry Mule recipe.
Ginger Cranberry Mule Ingredients:
- Ginger Ale: You can’t have a mule recipe without ginger. Our recipe includes both ginger ale and ginger beer. It’s the perfect blend of ginger flavor with a little sweetness. We prefer Fever Tree brand of ginger ale.
- Ginger Beer: You’ll want to look for a good quality ginger beer here, we tend to stick with Reed’s Ginger Beer brand.
- Angostura Orange Bitters: Using orange bitters gives it a little tart flavor that balances out nicely with the ginger flavors.
- Deep Eddy Cranberry Vodka: Our recipe relies on the cranberry flavors found in the Deep Eddy Vodka. We prefer this over using cranberry juice.
- Fresh Orange Juice: Orange juice helps give our cranberry moscow mule a tart flavor, without overpowering the cocktail.
- Orange: A traditional moscow mule is garnished with a lime wedge or lime slices. With our updated cranberry moscow recipe, you’ll garnish the cocktail with orange slices.
- Ice Cubes: Crushed ice or ice cubes.
How to Make a Cranberry Mules
- In a cocktail shaker, add ginger ale, ginger beer, cranberry vodka, fresh squeezed orange juice, and Angostura bitters.
- Add ice to fill cocktail shaker.
- Shake or stir with a long-handled cocktail stir stick.
- Strain into a standard whiskey glass or copper mug filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with a wedge of orange and cranberries.
- Please drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.
- Serve immediately. Cocktails taste incredible when served cold with fresh garnishes.
- You could serve this drink in a traditional serving glass, or you could also serve it in a copper mug like traditional moscow mules. Either way, it’s the one of my favorite cocktails for holiday entertaining.
- We like that this recipe doesn’t include simple syrup. This helps keep the sugar amounts lower than some other holiday cocktail drink recipes.
- If you prefer to garnish with lime wedges instead of orange slices, feel free to make that swap.
- You may also garnish with fresh or frozen cranberries. We opt to use frozen cranberries as it helps keep the drink chilled longer. Fresh cranberries are in abundance at the grocery store during the holiday season, so if you already have a bag at home, just be sure to really wash them well.
- You could make a non alcoholic version by using spiritless alcohol. We haven’t tested this version, but i’m sure it will work fine and will be pretty delicious!
Healthy Eating Plans
10 2023 Plan Points | 9 Freestyle Points
Other Cocktail Recipes
- Highball Glasses
- Martini Shaker
- 2 ounces Ginger Ale
- 2 ounces Ginger Beer
- 2 ounces Vodka Deep Eddy Cranberry
- 1 ounce Orange Juice
- 2-3 tsp Orange Bitters dashes of Angostura
- Ice Cubes
- In a cocktail shaker, add ginger ale, ginger beer, cranberry vodka, fresh squeezed orange juice, and Angostura bitters. 2 ounces Ginger Ale, 2 ounces Ginger Beer, 2 ounces Vodka, 1 ounce Orange Juice, 2-3 tsp Orange Bitters
- Fill the cocktail shaker with Ice Cubes. Ice Cubes
- Stir with a long-handled cocktail stir stick.
- Strain into a standard whiskey glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with a wedge of orange.