This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
Sometimes the oldies are definitely the goodies–like with this family favorite classic hot artichoke dip recipe. We love appetizers at restaurants. They’re perfect for sharing, and delicious on flavor. However, they usually are loaded with extra sodium and other ingredients we try to avoid.
We love the challenge of taking appetizers that we’ve enjoyed in restaurants and coming up with our own version at home. I always thought artichoke dip seemed complicated. I was wrong. It’s not hard to make artichoke dip at home.
Artichoke dip requires little prep time and is so easy to make. This is an appetizer your guests will love – I promise.
I love to serve this with whole wheat crackers, but crusty Italian bread is another delicious pair. Even pita bread will turn this classic appetizer recipe into a game day favorite!
I’ve added diced green chiles to this artichoke dip recipe and they’re delicious! I bet jalapeños would be amazing, too! Anything to add a little spice seems to make the boys in my family happy.
I’ve also served this creamy artichoke dip recipe as a serve yourself appetizer bar and left green chiles, jalapeños, and tomatoes for those who wanted to customize their appetizer a bit–it sounds delicious and was a hit for all of my guests!
Where’s the Recipe?
Here at My Crazy Good Life we write our recipes for all of our readers. We know that some of our readers are beginning their healthy cooking journey in the kitchen, while others have been doing this for decades.
We write our recipes with detailed information, tips & tricks, healthy eating plan, and nutritional information. If you are ready to start cooking without all of this important information, simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you’ll find our easy to print Hot Artichoke Dip Recipe card.
Ingredients in Hot Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Parmesan Cheese: The grated parmesan cheese is our favorite cheese for this hot artichoke dip. The nutty and rich flavors of parmesan is a must for this easy appetizer dip. We love to buy a triangle of parmesan cheese and grate it ourselves. Freshly grated parmesan cheese has the freshest cheese flavor.
- Mayonnaise: We use real mayo for artichoke dip bake.
- Artichoke Hearts: If possible, look for canned artichoke hearts that are already chopped into smaller pieces. If not, whole artichokes are easy to chop up for this dip.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic is a must in our baked artichoke dip.
- Feta cheese: Trust us. I know most traditional artichoke dip use cream cheese. Using feta cheese instead of cream cheese will give this artichoke dip so much flavor and will be a huge hit with everyone who tries it.
- Italian bread crumbs: You can’t have artichoke dip without baked bread crumbs.
How to Make Hot Artichoke Dip Recipe in the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- If your artichokes aren’t already chopped, chop them up now.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the bread crumbs. Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Immediately before baking in the preheated oven, sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the hot artichoke dip.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with crackers or bread. Enjoy!
- This artichoke dip is an easy dish to make ahead. If you do plan to make ahead, mix together all ingredients and transfer to an oven-safe baking dish. Store this in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake. Be sure to wait until the last minute to add the bread crumbs. Otherwise they’ll get soggy.
- Traditional artichoke dip recipes use cream cheese. We prefer the version without it.
- If you are looking for a healthier version of artichoke dip, we have an incredibly delicious and great recipe for Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- You could add spinach to this recipe to turn it into a true Spinach Artichoke dip. If you do it this way, we recommend sautéing the spinach on the stovetop first. The added spinach gives in a nutritional boost, however we think this recipe is a great dip without it.
- You can serve this creamy artichoke dip with pita chips, baguette slices, or chopped veggies sticks.
- If you do have any leftovers, store the remaining artichoke dip in an airtight container and stick it in the refrigerator. The dip will last up to 5 days.
- If you prefer a more smooth artichoke dip, you could place the ingredients in the food processor to make it more smooth. We haven’t tested this out, as we prefer that our cheesy dip has chopped artichoke hearts that you can bite into.
Looking for more easy recipes?
- Baked Blooming Onion with Spicy Dipping Sauce This blooming onion is a healthier version than the restaurant menu item. The spicy dip is made with protein-packed greek yogurt.
- Mexican Street Corn Dip This warm dip is made with fiesta corn, spicy peppers, shredded cheese, and greek yogurt and cottage cheese blended together for a healthier dip recipe.
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip This healthier hot artichoke dip recipe is made creamy without the addition of mayo, sour cream or cream cheese. Artichoke hearts, garlic and fresh spinach bake together to create a creamy artichoke dip that you’ll love.
- Roasted Artichokes with Dipping Sauce These roasted artichokes are pressure cooked with lots of garlic and seasoned with lemon and tamari, then roasted to crispy, tender perfection.
Hot Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Dish
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup Mayonnaise we use real mayo
- 14 oz artichokes chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Italian bread crumbs as topping
- If your artichokes didn't come chopped, chop them up now. 14 oz artichokes
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the bread crumbs. 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, 1 cup Mayonnaise, 2 tsp garlic, 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Immediately before baking, sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the hot artichoke dip. If you're preparing this dip the day before you're serving, wit until the last minute to add the bread crumbs. Otherwise they'll get soggy. Italian bread crumbs as topping
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with crackers or bread.