Cloud Bread. Have you heard of it?
It’s a super low carb (2.5 carbs per 15 pieces) “bread” recipe that everyone is going a little crazy for.
Whether you’re on a low carb diet, or maybe the 21 Day Fix, this “bread” is a life saver.
You can use it just like you’d use bread, except for toasting–it comes out quite dark in the toaster, I wouldn’t recommend that. Use it for dips, sandwiches, pizzas, or just for snacking. It’s light and delicious, and like I said–crazy low carb.
If you prefer video, you can take a peek of this video tutorial right here:
Cloud Bread Recipe Ingredients
3T cream cheese (room temperature)
1/4t baking powder
Cloud Bread Recipe Directions
Before you begin, preheat your oven to 300 degrees. I used a silpat baking mat on top of my cookie sheet.
- Mix together egg yolks (yolks only) and cream cheese until blended smooth.
2. Beat egg whites and 1/4t baking powder (some have used cream of tartar instead) until fluffy.
3. Fold the egg white mixture into the yolk and cream cheese mixture carefully. Be careful not to overmix!
4. Using a cookie scooper, take a scoopful of batter out of the bowl and tap it a few times lightly on the counter to let the big air bubbles out before baking. Drop the batter on your silpat baking mat, leaving a little room in between.
5. Bake for 25 minutes at 300 degrees, or until golden brown. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on the cloud bread as soon as they come out of the oven, then move to a cooling rack.
There are some different cloud bread recipes out there–some use rosemary, garlic, or other spices. You can sprinkle anything you want on these when they come out of the oven, really.
These bits of heaven are a little crunchy right out of the oven and a little softer after they cool.
Seriously. They’re little bites of heaven.
For you 21 Day Fixers, that’s 1.5 red and 1/4 Blue per batch. I made 15, but if you used a bigger scoop and made them sandwich sized, you would of course have less. For those looking for regular nutrition information, here you go: