Slow cooker pizza stuffed peppers are a tasty twist on this classic dish. You can make this delicious recipe for lunch, dinner, or as a quick and easy meal prep for the week ahead!
I love using the slow cooker for recipes like these pizza stuffed peppers. Making a delicious dinner that I don’t have to hover over in the kitchen is a win!
Slow Cooker Pizza Stuffed Peppers
These slow cooker pizza stuffed peppers are 21 Day Fix friendly and perfect for a healthy lifestyle…with the added bonus of being delicious enough to sneak past the whole family.
I’ve made some tasty recipes in the slow cooker but these are definitely a family favorite. I like that they’re healthy, my family likes to customize them with their favorite pizza toppings.
- olive oil
- Italian turkey sausage
- bell peppers
- mozzarella cheese
How To Make Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
What could be better than slow cooker stuffed peppers? Quick and easy, “set it and forget it” style! With just a few easy steps you can have these pizza stuffed peppers ready to go.
This recipe is also a great option for meal prep. You can make one batch and have some leftovers for lunches or dinners throughout the week!
1. In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned.
2. Stir in marinara sauce.
3. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
4. Spoon sausage mixture into peppers and pour remaining sauce over peppers.
5. Top with cheese.
6. Place in an even layer in the crockpot, add water, and select high setting for 1 hour.
Are Pizza Stuffed Peppers Better Than Other Peppers?
Yes. Of course they are!
Okay, maybe I can’t definitively say that they’re better than all the other peppers in the world but they’re delicious…I mean, look at these bad boys! Who wouldn’t want to give this recipe a try?!
One of the best perks about these slow cooker pizza stuffed peppers is that they’re 21 day Fix friendly. You can have a this delicious recipe without worrying about blowing your healthy lifestyle plan.
More Recipes Like These Slow Cooker Pizza Stuffed Peppers:
Slow Cooker Pizza Stuffed Peppers & The 21 Day Fix
Whole Recipe: 4 R, 5.5 G, 3 B
1 Pepper: 1 red container, 1 1/3 green container, 3/4 blue container
– turkey sausage, ground 4 R
– low sugar marinara 1.5 G
– bell peppers, halved 4 G
– mozzarella cheese 3 B
You can easily add mushrooms, jalapenos, or any other pizza toppings that you love! If you change it up remember to calculate (or recalculate) to get an accurate tally of your containers for the recipe.
Need info on making these peppers for Trim Healthy Mama?
This is an S recipe for THM and you’ll need to use sugar free marinara sauce!
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook sausage until browned
- Stir in marinara sauce
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon sausage into pepper halves and pour remaining sauce over peppers.
- Top with cheese if you’d like.
- Cook at 350* for 30 minutes.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points: 6
Slow Cooker Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb italian turkey sausage ground
- 1 ½ cups marinara low sugar
- 4 bell peppers halved
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned.
- Stir in marinara sauce.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Spoon sausage mixture into peppers and pour remaining sauce over peppers.
- Top with cheese.
- Place in an even layer in the crockpot, add water, and select high setting for 1 hour.
1 Pepper: 1 R, 1 1/3 G, 3/4 B Weight Watchers | 1 Serving (recipe makes 8) | 6 Smart Points