This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
When the weather is warm or on those days that we need to get out of the house in a hurry, this pineapple kale smoothie can be a great start to the day. If you are looking for a Keto smoothie recipe this is a great choice (use water instead of milk, as written recipe has 18 carbs).
You won’t believe how tasty and easy this healthy smoothie is to make. It’s packed with great nutrients, vitamins, and health benefits…but most importantly, it tastes great! There’s nothing worse than a green smoothie that tastes like it looks right?!?
Other easy on the go breakfast options like this pineapple kale smoothie:
If this flavor combo isn’t your style, don’t worry, there are other great options here for you to check out. Those busy mornings happen to us all eventually! Be prepared for the busy back to school season with these awesome morning options.
- 21 Day Fix Green Breakfast Smoothie | 21 Day Fix Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate Shakeology Recipes for Food and Drink
- Vanilla Shakeology Recipes for Food and Drink
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 cup kale
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 1 tbsp parsley or mint
- 1/2 tbsp ginger
- 1/2 avocado
Why these ingredients?
Kale is an awesome superfood and when it comes to smoothies or juices it’s an excellent way to introduce all of those great nutrients and vitamins that we find in leafy dark green veggies. The problem is that it can be a little much on it’s own. Pineapple goes so well with kale that it just makes sense to help sweeten things up and level off the flavors!
Using water is a great option if you need or want to but almond milk can add a bit more of a creamy texture and it’s 21 Day Fix friendly as well as Keto friendly. By adding the ginger, parsley, and mint you are also boosting the nutritional value of this pineapple kale smoothie and these herbs help with a common side effect of keto–bad breath. A Keto smoothie that is so tasty and healthy, it’s a winning combination.
21 Day Fix Information
- water or milk of choice (we used almond milk) Here’s the food list so you can figure out how to count your milk!
- chopped kale 1 G
- frozen pineapple 1/4 P (if keto, feel free to reduce this)
- fresh parsley or mint, to preference
- fresh ginger, peeled, optional
- avocado, optional (makes it creamier without using yogurt) 1 B
You’ll need to add the count for your milk if you use it or if you use water then it won’t change! Also make sure to properly count if you use avocado versus yogurt.
Can I have this smoothie on Trim Healthy Mama?
You can! This is considered a Crossover recipe on THM!
Pineapple Kale Smoothie | Keto Smoothie
Let’s dive in and see this tasty green smoothie in action. It’s quick an easy to make and you can easily whip up a batch of these if you have more than one smoothie drinker in the house!
The directions are simple. It’s a dump and blend situation over here :)
Dump in the ingredients and blend until smooth. I’d recommend starting with 1 cup of liquid and add more as needed to reach the consistency and thickness that you prefer.
Weight Watchers Points: 5 Blue, Green & Purple Points
Pineapple Kale Smoothie Recipe
Pineapple Kale Smoothie | Keto Smoothie
- 1-2 cups water or almond milk
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1/4 cup pineapple frozen
- 1 tbsp parsley or mint fresh, to preference
- 1/2 tbsp ginger fresh, peeled, optional
- 1/2 avocado optional (makes it creamier without using yogurt)
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered smoothie blender and puree until smooth.
- Start with 1 cup of liquid and add more liquid as needed to fully puree and reach your desired smoothie texture.
Make This Recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bludlum and on Instagram @beccaludlum
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.
I love kale in my pineapple smoothies! It’s also great way to sneak in more greens into kids diets :)
I’m always on the hunt for delicious Keto recipes and this one did not disappoint! This is a smoothie recipe I’ll be coming back to over and over again!