Ingredients for Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream:
Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream
This Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream uses only four ingredients. I'm not going to say it's healthy, but... it's definitely a healthier ice cream choice.
- 3-4 sliced frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup of very strong espresso coffee (at room temp)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I prefer coffee extract if you can find it, but vanilla is easier to find!)
Brew coffee. I made my coffee and sweetened with just a bit of sugar to my liking, as I was worried the ice cream would turn out a bit bitter.
- Let it cool.
- In a food processor, add the frozen bananas, coffee, and vanilla extract.Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Take it back to the freezer for an hour.
This amount serves about 2 scoops for 2 people - but if you're like me, it's just good enough for ONE person!I would consider this a yellow container treat swap because of the sweetener, but some people count it as purple. If you'd like to count it as purple, be sure to remember that half of a banana is one purple container.