Ingredients for Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream:
For Weight Watchers this is 3 Smart Points if you use sweetener in the coffee. If not, it’s free!
Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream
This Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream uses only four ingredients. I'm not going to say it's healthy, but... it's definitely a healthier ice cream choice.
- 3-4 sliced frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup of very strong espresso coffee (at room temp)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I prefer coffee extract if you can find it, but vanilla is easier to find!)
Brew coffee. I made my coffee and sweetened with just a bit of sugar to my liking, as I was worried the ice cream would turn out a bit bitter.
- Let it cool.
- In a food processor, add the frozen bananas, coffee, and vanilla extract.Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Take it back to the freezer for an hour.
This amount serves about 2 scoops for 2 people - but if you're like me, it's just good enough for ONE person!I would consider this a yellow container treat swap, but some people count it as purple. If you'd like to count it as purple, be sure to remember that half of a banana is one purple container.
For Weight Watchers this is 3 Smart Points if you use sweetener in the coffee. If not, it's free!