Why is this Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream healthy?
Is this Dairy Free Ice Cream also Vegan?
It sure is Vegan! Just coffee, bananas, and flavored extract in the ingredients, as well as honey but you can easily swap that out for a vegan sweetener of your choice, so you can easily enjoy this as a vegetarian or vegan.
Does this banana ice cream taste like bananas?
How do I make this Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream with Bananas?
If you’re doing WW, this is a great dessert options because it is only 3 Smart Points if you use sweetener in the coffee. If not, it’s free! You can’t get any better than free.
How can I keep this banana ice cream soft?
If you’re freezing this ice cream for later, it’s best to let it thaw for a few minutes and then pop it in the microwave or food processor or blender for a few seconds to soften it up. It’s definitely best to eat banana ice cream right away if you can!
Can I use my Vitamix for this Dairy Free Banana Ice Cream?
Yes, I love using my Vitamix for banana ice cream! It blends the frozen bananas so smooth and creamy, and softens them up just right! I don’t love getting it out from under the blades, but that’s just an annoying Vitamix issue.
How long does banana ice cream last?
I make this and freeze it for up to a month and it’s delicious. I can’t imagine that you’d have an issue freezing it for longer than a month, I just haven’t done it yet. As long as the banana ice cream doesn’t have freezer burn, I’d thaw and eat it!
How do I store this lactose free ice cream?
I use a ziplock container to freeze this lactose free ice cream. You could also use a ziplock freezer bag if you’d like! I think any airtight container would be perfect.
Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream
- 3-4 bananas sliced frozen
- 1/4 cup espresso (at room temp)
- 1 tsp honey (can also use sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I prefer coffee extract if you can find it, but vanilla is easier to find!)
- Brew coffee. I made my coffee and sweetened with just a bit of sugar to my liking, as I was worried the ice cream would turn out a bit bitter.
- Let it cool.
- In a food processor, add the frozen bananas, coffee, and vanilla extract.Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Take it back to the freezer for an hour.
*nutrition calculations are approximate