This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
This Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream uses only four ingredients. Made with simple ingredients and no heavy cream or refined sugar, it’s definitely a healthier ice cream choice than your traditional ice cream options.
Our delicious ice cream has a creamy texture, and will easily become the best ice cream treat that is perfect for hot summer days.
Put away your ice cream maker, this dairy-free coffee ice cream can be made in a high speed blender. If you’re looking for a delicious and easily modified vegan ice cream, this is the perfect sweet treat for your healthy lifestyle!
Where’s the recipe?
Here at My Crazy Good Life we believe that everyone can be successful in the kitchen. We want you to feel empowered and motivated to make delicious food that is healthy for you. We strive to provide detailed instructions, healthy eating nutrition information, and helpful recipe tips for each of our recipes.
If you don’t need the full detailed recipe, simply scroll down to the bottom of the page to find our easy to print Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream recipe.
Ingredients in Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream
- Bananas: The natural flavor of bananas adds sweetness, and a little banana flavor to blend nicely with the other ingredients.
- Espresso: Coffee flavor, am I right? Anytime I can have coffee in a different form than my normal cup of coffee? That’s the good stuff.
- Honey: Swap out for a vegan sweetener of your choice. Our go to is pure maple syrup if honey isn’t an option. If you are comfortable using refined sugars, cane sugar will also work.
- Vanilla Extract: I prefer using coffee extract if you can find it at your grocery store, but vanilla extract will still work well.
How to make Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream in the Blender
You can use a food processor, Nurtibullet, Blendtec or Vitamix blender to make this vegan coffee ice cream recipe. A high-speed blender will help yield the creamy ice cream texture that we all love! It’s my favorite way to make ice cream without using the traditional ice cream machine.
- First brew some coffee. I made mine and sweetened it with just a bit of honey.
- Next, in a food processor, add the frozen bananas, coffee, and vanilla extract.
- Then blend the ice cream ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Finally, place the blended ice cream in a freezer safe dish and then freeze for an hour.
- If you don’t like bananas, this banana ice cream is not for you. I don’t think it tastes like overpowering bananas, but you can definitely tell that it’s made from them. If you like bananas, I think you’re safe to make this and assume you’ll like it. I love it!
- Our homemade ice cream can be frozen for up to a month and it’s delicious. I can’t imagine that you’d have an issue freezing it for longer than a month, I just haven’t done it yet. As long as the banana ice cream doesn’t have freezer burn, I’d thaw and eat it!
- I use a ziploc container to freeze this lactose free ice cream. You could also use a ziploc freezer bag if you’d like! I think any airtight container would be perfect.
- Taking this out of the freezer after storing our creamy homemade coffee ice cream for a while? It’s best to let it thaw for a few minutes and then pop it in the microwave or food processor or blender for a few seconds to soften it up. This will make a huge difference when eating. It’s definitely best to eat banana ice cream right away if you can!
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, a regular blender will work, you might need to increase the time you spend blending the ingredients together.
- Feel free to swap out your espresso for the decaf coffee version. It’ll still have the delicious coffee flavor we love.
- If you like the blend of sweet and salty flavors, sprinkle a tiny pinch of sea salt on the top of your ice cream.
Healthy Eating Plans
This amount serves about 2 ice cream scoops for 2 people – but if you’re like me, it’s just good enough for ONE person!
21 Day Fix
For the 21 Day Fix, I would consider this a yellow container treat swap because of the large amount of pureed bananas.
2022/2023 Plan: 1 Point
Points are per serving. If you omit the sweetener this is a zero point dessert!
More Sweet Healthy Recipes
- Black Bean Brownies with Coconut
- No Bake Mocha Coconut Bars
- Almond Milk Ice Cream Recipe
- Wonder Whip Recipe
- Healthy Dole Whip
Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Vitamix Blender
- Food processor
- Coffee Press
- 3-4 bananas sliced frozen
- 1/4 cup espresso (at room temp)
- 1 tsp honey (can also use sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I prefer coffee extract if you can find it, but vanilla is easier to find!)
- Brew coffee. I made my coffee and sweetened with just a bit of sugar to my liking, as I was worried the ice cream would turn out a bit bitter.
- Let it cool.
- In a food processor, add the frozen bananas, coffee, and vanilla extract.Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Take it back to the freezer for an hour.
Make This Recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bludlum and on Instagram @beccaludlum
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.
YUM!! will have to try this and thanks for this wonderful recipe ,, looking forward to trying this..
Its super healthy!
This sounds yummy, but I hate bananas! Does it have any banana taste to it at all?
If you don’t like bananas, I might try making sure that mine were very ripe. I love bananas, but don’t taste them in the ice cream.
what is the container break dwn for this recipe purp for the fruit and hominy and what other containers for the coffee ice cream?
I count this as a yellow container treat swap. :)
Looks yummy, I can’t wait to give it a try tonight! Though you say you can’t call it healthy, I don’t see anything that’s not healthy about bananas. Can’t wait to try!
Hello, I am new to this 21 day fix and just came across this dessert – which looks delicious by the way! I have a question though, how come this counts as a container Serving of yellow when it is a banana? I would think it is purple.
Hi Jen! Because of the honey, I count it as a yellow container treat swap instead of a straight banana. :)
This looks awesome! I’m going to try this with all-organic ingredients. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Thank you! We make many frozen banana-based ice creams, but never thought to try coffee!! Brilliant! I make my own cold brew concentrate and will try using that. Also, we use a Vitamix, and you can eat the ice cream immediately, as a thick soft-serve. I also keep an eye out for when the grocery store bags ripe bananas and discounts them. Then I slice and freeze them for use in ice cream, or thaw for baking (banana bread, etc.).
Can I put this in my ice cream maker?
I have a ice cream maker, so do u do the same method
I’ve never made this in an ice cream maker, but if I did I’d use the same method as I always used for the ice cream maker with the ingredients in this recipe:)
The first time I made this ice cream, I liked the texture overall but thought the banana came through a little too strongly. I have made it a few times since and I like to make my espresso using instant coffee packets. If you use a little extra coffee powder while brewing your coffee, I find that it neutralizes the flavor of the banana and makes it a little less overpowering. After that slight adjustment, the ice cream’s flavor improved drastically. Great recipe!
Thanks for your comment! It definitely helps other readers!
Do you have a similar recipe that doesn’t contain bananas? Allergic. Please advise.
Hi there, no–this is all banana, as are the others I have!
There are some avocado “ice cream” recipes out there. Keep looking!
First time making this! Perfect ice cream consistency. I do agree with Becca. Banana flavor really stands out. I’ll add more coffee next time! Otherwise, it’s quite yummy!
Hi! This looks amazing. Very silly question…. What kind of pan do you put it in?
That’s not silly! I’ve stored it in glass pans before, but it’s easier to use plastic containers–like ziplock/rubbermaid containers!
This looks so good! Does the banana flavor come through much?
If you don’t care for bananas, you’ll definitely taste them. I don’t think it tastes a lot like bananas though. The coffee flavor comes through!
Thanks for sharing! Does it keep long?
It keeps in the freezer for a few weeks!
This look so good! What a great way to maintain diet and still enjoy summer treats!
Yum! Can I use this base to make different flavors?
Yes!! And they’re delicious!
How much would you substitute if you’re using stevia to sweeten? Diabetic in the household.
I’d begin with a drop or two of Stevia and sweeten to taste :)
This sounds so yummy! I’d love to have an ice cream with both coffee and chocolate. Have you tried that? I’d like to experiment with it, but not sure whether to start with the coffee one and add chocolate, or the other way around. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Sounds delicious! I would add cocoa powder to the coffee ice cream recipe. Here’s our healthy chocolate ice cream recipe if you want to check it out for measurements: https://mycrazygoodlife.com/dairy-free-chocolate-ice-cream/