Treats. They are the key to not feeling deprived on a “diet,” but it’s tough to find healthy replacements for your favorite treats.
One of the things I love about the 21 Day Fix is that you can easily find healthier treats and swap them out for one of your yellow (carb) containers a few times a week. Treats can be alcohol, dark chocolate, and plenty of other options–remember the 21 Day Fix is teaching you how to make healthy choices, not placing tons of restrictions on your diet. Eating clean can take you far–the treats will be more satisfying when you know they’re healthier! Compare the treat on your plate to the treat swap ideas listed on page 38 of your 21 Day Fix Eating Plan book and make an educated guess about the serving size you should have.
Here are some great 21 Day Fix treat swap options–come see how other people are using their treat swaps!
1. Dark Chocolate Coconut Brownies from My Crazy Good Life (one brownie = 1 yellow container treat swap)
2. Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries from All In the Balance (2 strawberries = 1 yellow container treat swap)
3. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from the Beachbody Blog
4. Skinny Margarita from My Crazy Good Life – I don’t drink wine, so the shot of tequila in this margarita counts as my treat swap. If you like your margaritas a little sweeter, add a few drops of Stevia!
5. Coconut Cream Popsicles from Fit Views
6. Raspberry-Topped Cheesecake from Healthy Feels Happy (this recipe includes a small amount of flour–again, your food isn’t black and white. This is a healthier option for a treat swap if you’d like)
7. Chocolate Covered Banana Bites from Coach Crystal P
8. Banana Oatmeal Cookies from Successfully Fit
9. Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies from the Beachbody Blog
10. Cherry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from The Beachbody Blog
11. Chocolate Peanut Butter Shakeology Ice Cream from The Beachbody Blog
12. Mint Chocolate Truffles from The Beachbody Blog
13. Creamy Peanut Butter Bark from Healthy Empowered Mama (I’d guess that 3 pieces of bark about the size of the yellow container would count as a treat swap)
14. Shakeology Frozen Brownie Bites from Eff You Mom Jeans
15. Mini Almond Joy Bars from Mrs. Fitness
16. Peanut Butter Fudge Candy from From Forks to Fitness
17. Frozen Yogurt Bark from Successfully Fit
18. Flourless Chocolate Brownies from Successfully Fit
19. Double Chocolate Cookies from Clean Eating Meets Country Girl
20. Chocolate Chip Cookies from Aliberty Fitness
21. Easy Pineapple Whip from Erin Young Fitness
22. Raspberry Banana Ice Cream from Beachbody Blog
You might also be interested in these 21 Day Fix tools and recipes: