This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
This Red Wine Margarita recipe is so easy! You’ll impress your friends with this Sangria style cocktail. Tequila, red wine, and triple sec make up this happy hour cocktail.
Red Wine Margarita
Is there ever a bad time for red wine? How about margaritas?! No…I didn’t think so! This red wine margarita combines the best of both worlds in the most delicious way possible!
You’ll want to make these for every one of your upcoming parties and events. Everyone will be impressed with your amazing cocktail skills and you get the last laugh because my red wine margarita could not be easier to make.
What do I need to make these red wine margaritas?
You’ll just need a few simple ingredients to whip up these tasty margaritas!
- red wine (we used a light and floral Beaujolais)
- triple sec, optional
- ice cubes,
Can I make a bigger batch with this red wine margarita recipe?
Yes! You can make a batch of these by doubling or tripling the recipe. They’re so tasty for a party or weekend gathering with friends. I love whipping up a bigger batch so there’s enough for everyone!
How do I make this red wine margarita?
It’s very complicated and difficult but I’ll try to explain…just kidding! It’s super easy to make these red wine margaritas. Check it out.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Add 1oz tequila and 1/2 oz triple sec to each glass, then top with red wine!
How many drinks does this recipe make?
This particular recipe makes 2 red wine margaritas. That’s one for you and one for a friend…or two for you, no judgement here :)
Do you have other cocktail recipes I can try?
Of course I do! Here are some of my favorites…
- Low Calorie Cocktails For Happy Hour
- Rosé Margarita | National Rosé Day
- Apple Cider Margarita
- Apple Cider Margarita Shooters with Pumpkin Zest
- Autumn Bourbon Cocktail with Rhubarb
Red Wine Margarita
- ice cubes as needed
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 cup red wine we used a light and floral Beaujolais
- 1 oz triple sec optional
- Fill glasses with ice. ice cubes
- Add 1oz tequila and 1/2 oz triple sec to each glass, then top with red wine! 2 oz tequila, 1 oz triple sec, 1 cup red wine