Making healthy choices is much easier when there are delicious options! You can make a batch of this quick and easy cream of asparagus soup to fight those cravings. It’s also really easy to make this cream of asparagus soup vegan.
This recipe is dairy free and could easily be made into a vegan and gluten free version with some small tweaks. For those of you with food allergies or dietary restrictions hopefully that will make life a little easier.
I love making healthy soups because they work great for meal prep. I can make a batch at the beginning of the week and have a quick dinner ready to go or some lunches for throughout the week. If you missed my healthy cream of mushroom soup you can check that out right here!
- vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- almond milk
How to Make Healthy Cream of Asparagus Soup:
- Sauté asparagus with oil until tender, add balsamic vinegar and flour or substitute.
2. In a large pot, pour in the stock and almond milk, and add the asparagus mixture.
3. Allow the liquids to come to a rolling boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes.
How to Make Cream of Asparagus Soup Vegan
This recipe is very easy to make and it’s even easier to switch it over to a totally vegan recipe. You can make this cream of asparagus soup vegetarian or vegan by substituting the chicken stock with vegetable stock.
Because this recipe already uses almond milk you don’t have to worry about finding an alternative for the dairy products that are usually found in a cream of asparagus soup recipe.
If you make this cream of asparagus soup vegan be sure to stop by and let us know how it turned out, I’m sure there are other readers out there who would love to know the results so they can try it at home as well.
Recipes Like Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Healthy Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Homemade Clean Onion Soup Mix
- Dairy Free Butternut Squash Soup
- Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup Recipe
Asparagus Soup Without Cream
One of the easiest ways to lighten up any “cream of” type soup is to remove the heavy cream and butter! Those two ingredients tend to be packed with fat, and calories which negates the whole “healthy lifestyle” system of the 21 Day Fix and similar programs.
This recipe happens to be a an asparagus soup without cream. I find it’s especially helpful for those who are on the 21 Day Fix, Weight Watchers, and for those who can’t have dairy products! Trust me, this recipe is plenty delicious, you won’t even miss the cream!
Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe:
21 Day Fix Info:
This recipe is 4 tsp and 1 Green container per batch, about 6 cups. Divided into one cup servings, that’s 3/4tsp and 1/6 of a green container per serving
3 Blue Plan Points | 3 Green Plan Points | 3 Purple Plan Points
Healthy Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 2 cups asparagus chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock low sodium or chicken stock
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour or any substitute you like
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- Sauté the asparagus with the oil until tender, add balsamic vinegar and flour or flour substitute.
- In a large pot, pour in the stock and almond milk, and add the asparagus mixture.
- Allow the liquids to come to a rolling boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes.