Anyone love sea food?!? I got this delicious 21 Day Fix crab cake recipe from a friend and every time we make them they’re devoured faster than we can crank them out! A healthy crab cake recipe that is also tasty might not seem possible… but give these sweet potato crab cakes a chance before you give up on the idea!
I think making healthier versions of my favorite recipes has become a bit of an addiction. The only other option is blowing my healthy lifestyle plan or giving up on the flavors and foods that I like. The trick is to find a recipe that you really like and pair it with flavors in whole foods.
Using whole foods like sweet potatoes to make this healthy crab cake recipe was a total ‘a-ha’ moment. The textures and consistency of sweet potato crab cakes just makes sense.
I’m always so glad when a healthier recipe turns out to be delicious; now I can serve these for dinner parties, family meals, and no one will realize that they’re eating something lighter!
Healthy Crab Cake Recipe | Sweet Potato Crab Cakes
If you are looking for a healthy crab cake recipe you’ve come to the right spot! These sweet potato crab cakes are so easy and very delicious!
You can use the food processor to take care of all your chopping and mixing…
Stir together all ingredients except for the oil and breadcrumbs.
Shape into 3″ patties (1/3C at a time), then coat in breadcrumbs.
Heat half the coconut oil on medium heat. Cook crab cakes 2-3 minutes per side.
When refilling skillet it’s best to wipe with paper towel and then add more oil.
This recipe usually makes two batches to cook.
21 Day Fix container count | Entire Recipe: 3R, 3Y, .5G, 9 tsp
Weight Watchers | 6 Freestyle Smart Points per Serving
Sweet Potato Crab Cakes | Healthy Crab Cakes Recipe
- 12 oz cooked crab
- 1/2 C cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 C red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/4 C green onion , thinly sliced
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley , chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 C panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Stir together all ingredients except for the oil and breadcrumbs.
- Shape into 3" patties (1/3C at a time), then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat half the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Cook crab cakes 2-3 minutes per side.
- When refilling skillet it's best to wipe with paper towel and then add more oil.
- This recipe usually makes two batches to cook.
Looking for a great way to lighten up your pasta recipes? Here’s the best spiralized vegetables recipes! And if you are a sweet potato fan you can’t go wrong with this sweet potato chili made in the Instant Pot.