This 2 Ingredient Banana Pancake Recipe is delicious and such an easy healthy breakfast recipe. These easy banana pancakes use only banana and egg, and cook in minutes.
There are several variations of this two ingredient pancake recipe, but I wanted to share the basic one with you. I've added vanilla, cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to puff them up a little... you can really do just about everything with them.
- ripe banana
- egg (see? I wasn't even joking!)
How to make these healthy banana pancakes:
- Mash the banana.
- Mix an egg with the banana: I use a whisk to mix them together. If you'd like, you can add 1/4 tsp of baking powder to make them rise a bit.
- Use a hot greased pan to cook the pancakes. There are a few important recipe tips below to help you cook these.
- Top with peanut butter (my favorite!), fruit, a teaspoon of butter, or nothing at all–these pancakes are super moist and delicious as is!
- Make sure the pan is nice and hot AND greased before you pour your pancake on! You can use olive oil spray, coconut oil, or avocado oil.
- Try not to flip these healthy pancakes more than one time. They are fragile and don't like being handled much while cooking.
- I don't sprinkle these with cinnamon while cooking. I've found that whisking the cinnamon into the recipe before cooking or sprinkling cinnamon after it's finished cooking is best–when topping them with cinnamon while cooking, the cinnamon sticks to the pan and causes it to not flip easily.
- Use the thinnest spatula that you have for these! I love this one.
- I've heard of people adding two eggs, but I haven't personally tried it.
- I don't recommend adding chocolate chips to these, as they like to stick to the pan.
- Start with small pancakes–they're easier to flip.
Is this a healthy banana pancake recipe?
Absolutely. You can't do much better in terms of limited ingredients than these 2 ingredient pancakes. They're simple to make and made from simple ingredients. They're less than 200 calories per serving and perfect for multiple healthy eating plans. We love this recipe when we're running short on groceries!
These pancakes are dairy free, gluten free, and delicious.
Healthy Eating Plans
On the 21 Day Fix/Ultimate Portion Fix, 1 banana + 1 egg = 2 purple containers and 1/2 red container (and don't forget to count your toppings!). These are a simple and easy 21 Day Fix banana pancake recipe.
For WW, check out the Weight Watchers version of this recipe for more info if you want to make these specifically for Weight Watchers.
2B Mindset: These are the perfect 2B Mindset banana pancakes because the ingredients are 50% FFC and 50% protein, which is the Plate It requirement for a 2B Mindset breakfast. Be sure to also track your toppings.
Do you have more breakfast recipes for me to try?
I definitely do! Here are some of my other favorites:
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Zucchini and Sausage Breakfast Casserole Skillet
- Fajita Breakfast Casserole
- Healthy Breakfast Fried Rice Recipe
- Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
- Flour free pancakes
- Crunchy Granola Recipe
2 Ingredient Banana Pancake Recipe
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- Mash the banana.
- Mix an egg with the banana. I use a whisk to mix them together. If it really bothers you that the pancakes are flat, you can add 1/4 tsp of baking powder to them.
- Use a hot greased pan to cook the pancakes. There are a few important tips below.
- Top with peanut butter (my favorite!), fruit, a teaspoon of butter, or nothing at all–these pancakes are super moist!
- Make sure the pan is nice and hot AND greased before you pour your pancake on!
- Try not to flip it more than once, these are fragile, and don’t like being handled much while cooking I don’t sprinkle these with cinnamon while cooking.
- I’ve found that whisking the cinnamon into the recipe before cooking or sprinkling cinnamon after it’s finished cooking is best–the cinnamon almost sticks to the pan and causes it to not flip easily.
- Use the thinnest spatula that you have for these! I love this one. I’ve heard of people adding two eggs, but I haven’t personally tried it.
- 21 Day Fix Container Count: 1 banana + 1 egg = 2P, .5R (and don’t forget to count your toppings!)