This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
This Weight Watchers ice cream recipe has all the delicious flavor you are looking for without the added fat, sugar, or points. WW Ice Cream is a quick and easy homemade ice cream made with chocolate and bananas!
Sometimes called banana ice cream or “nice cream” because it’s a healthy alternative, this easy recipe has all the flavors and texture to satisfy your urge without the guilt.
This recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth for sure. Naturally sweet, bananas are a great way to add some sweetness while still being sugar free.
Whether you eat this out of a bowl or turn it into mini ice cream sandwiches or even ice cream bars, you can enjoy this delicious treat while losing weight.
I love making this skinny treat instead of looking for a store bought product with the lowest Weight Watchers points, like Halo Top. This has fewer ingredients and doesn’t require a trip to the store.
Ingredients for this recipe
- Ripe Bananas (frozen bananas if you can!)
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
This is a super easy recipe–the most time consuming part is the time it takes to freeze!
- Blend Add ripe bananas, almond milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder to your food processor or blender. Blend on high for about one minute until everything is creamy and smooth.
- Freeze Transfer your ice cream to a freezer safe dish and freeze for an hour or until ice cream has hardened. This time varies based on your freezer and the container you use to freeze.
Recipe tips and questions
- Thinly slice your bananas, place them on a cookie sheet, and freeze for 30 minutes before adding to the food processor. This way you can eat your ice cream immediately. Sliced bananas freeze faster than full bananas or the entire bowl of ice cream.
- You may need to stop your food processor and scrape the sides a couple times. This makes your ice cream really creamy and removes all chunks.
- Start with less cocoa powder and adjust flavor to your liking.
- You can substitute any nut milk you prefer, just double check your points.
- Need something more? Add a few chocolate chips, some peanut butter, or even some Cool Whip on top of this dessert! Of course, recalculate your points after.
- Looking for more of a vanilla ice cream flavor? Skip the chocolate in this recipe. You’ll still taste bananas, though–fyi.
- Your serving size will depend on the size of the bananas you use. For the most accurate counts, divide the entire recipe in half after making it and count that as 2 servings.
- Yes, this is a vegan recipe!
Add some of these toppings to your ice cream for a filling sundae!
We love adding low fat chocolate graham crackers, fat free whipped cream, fresh fruit, frozen non-fat Greek yogurt covered berries, 100 calorie packs of almonds, or a tablespoon of peanut butter.
Weight Watchers Points
This recipe fits into a low calorie diet because it’s made with minimally processed foods. For a well-rounded eating plan, take into account ingredients and all nutritional information in the foods you’re eating–not just calories and points.
Protein amount, calcium, saturated fat, sodium, and daily fiber amount are all important to your nutrition goals.
Each of the two servings of this Weight Watchers homemade ice cream, count as 2 Points on the 2023 Plan | 1 Blue Plan Point | 1 Green Plan Point | 1 Purple Plan Point.
I calculated the point value for this recipe based on the product label of my ingredients, not using nutritional information. WW has said this is the most accurate information to use to calculate points.
If you’re looking for more recipes for your plan, I’ve got them:
- Weight Watchers Buckeye Recipe
- Instant Pot Lava Cake Bites
- Weight Watchers Lemon Bars
- Weight Watchers Cheesecake
Weight Watchers Chocolate Ice Cream
- Round Ice Cream Tub
- Food processor
- Ice Cream Tub
- 3 bananas sliced and frozen, or you can freeze it all after!
- ¼ cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Add bananas, almond milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder to your food processor. Blend on high for about a minute until everything is creamy, and smooth. 3 bananas , ¼ cup almond milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Transfer your ice cream to a freezer safe dish and freeze for an hour or until ice cream has hardened.