Directions for Making DIY Birthday Candles:
- Wash and dry the baby food jars and remove all labels.
- Place newspaper or a paper bag onto a surface to protect it.
- Use spray paint to cover the lids. Let dry completely.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue the wick to the bottom of the empty jar. Use a paint brush to brush a light coating of corn syrup on the inside walls and bottom of the jar.
- Pour sprinkles into the jar and spin around to coat the walls evenly.
- Place 2 bricks of wax into a saucepan. On medium heat and stirring constantly, melt wax. Remove from heat and stir in 30 drops of essential oils. Mix well.
- Pour wax into your jar. The sprinkles will begin to fall to the bottom, but eventually stop. When completely set, trim wick. Add lid and tie with twine.