This site contains affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.
There’s nothing better than a hearty bowl of chili. This Weight Watchers Sweet Potato Chili is delicious, easy to make, and super low in points. It’s a healthy sweet potato chili recipe that the whole family will love!
Whether you are getting ready for game day, a party, or a family gathering, whip up this healthy chili recipe for your guests. Full of natural vitamins, fiber, and protein, this Weight Watchers sweet potato chili is low in smart points and made with minimally processed ingredients.
Chili is a great recipe for meal prep, and this hearty chili is no exception. Make a big batch of this and eat from it all week long, it tastes even better the next day.
Where’s the Recipe?
Here at My Crazy Good Life, we write recipes that anyone can follow. In this post you’ll find lots of helpful information including ingredient info, detailed cooking instructions, recipe tips, and WW point calculations.
If you feel comfortable cooking this recipe without peeking at all of that, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and find our easy to print recipe card for this delicious WW Turkey Chili.
Ingredients in this WW Sweet Potato Chili
- Ground turkey: Turkey is a great source of lean protein and for this recipe I buy extra lean ground turkey. If you’re not counting ww points, or have extra to spare, you can use ground beef. While both turkey and beef contain important vitamins and minerals, turkey contains higher amounts of some B vitamins needed for energy metabolism.
- Sweet potato: sweet potatoes are high in fiber and antioxidants, which protect your body from free radical damage and promote a healthy gut and brain.They’re also incredibly rich in beta carotene, which is converted to vitamin A to support good vision and your immune system. These nutrient dense root vegetables are versatile and can be prepared in sweet or savory dishes.
- Onion: Strong smelling onions like yellow and red contain contain flavonoids that can help fight inflammation. You can also use sweet onion if you prefer.
- Bell Pepper: orange, yellow, or red peppers work great in this recipe.
- Celery: Did you know celery is a member of the carrot family? The plant and its seeds provide an abundant source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Crushed tomatoes: Use crushed tomatoes to get the right consistency.
- Black beans:Black beans are a nutritional powerhouses, and provide lots of health benefits – including improved blood sugar control plus reduced risk of developing certain diseases like heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Buy low sodium, canned beans for this particular recipe.
- Fresh garlic: Fresh garlic cloves are are zero points ingredient and a great way to add flavor.
- Chicken stock: Buy low sodium chicken broth or stock.
- Cumin: Cumin adds a wonderful earthiness to chili.
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce: This recipe calls for 2 chipotle peppers. If you don’t want spicy chili but still want the smokey flavor of chipotle, you can add just a bit of the adobo sauce.
How to make this Weight Watchers Sweet Potato Chili
- First, brown ground turkey using the sauté function on your Instant Pot. Drain any grease after the turkey is done cooking.
- Add in the garlic and onions, and then cook until softened.
- Next, mix in cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir in chipotle peppers, black beans, crushed tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and chicken stock. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Lock the lid into place and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes using the manual setting. Once the cooking times up, release the pressure using the quick release method.
- Remove the lid and switch Instant Pot to saute. Add in your bell peppers and celery, and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the celery is cooked and soft.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and you are ready to serve this healthy recipe!
- Top with cheese, cilantro, avocado, sour cream or green onions. These topping are not included in your total point value, so be sure to check the WW website or app, and add in your extras.
- The recipes on my site are designed and cooked in the 6 Quart Instant Pot, if you have a different size or style check out this post to learn how to adapt recipes so they come out perfect every time.
- If you want to cook this in a slow cooker, brown the meat in a skillet on the stove top first, and then add all of the ingredients to your crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- The Instant Pot will function differently at higher altitudes. If you’re struggling with cook times or recipes not coming out properly, you can read more about high altitude Instant Pot cook time adjustments here.
- For a less spicy chili, add in just the adobo sauce and not any of the chipotle peppers.
- This chili is great for meal prep! It holds up very well in the fridge all week.
- Store this chili in an airtight container. I prefer to have a few individual serving size containers in the freezer and then pop it into the microwave for a quick and healthy meal prep lunch!
- You can easily modify this to be a vegetarian chili recipe. Leave out the ground turkey, add an additional can of beans for extra protein, and swap out the chicken stock for vegetable broth. Be sure to recalculate your freestyle smartpoints if you make any changes to this instant pot chili.
Weight Watchers Points
This Weight Watchers sweet potato chili is just 2 Points on the 2023 Plan | 2 Blue Plan Point | 5 Green Plan Points | 1 Purple Plan Points per serving.
More Easy Weight Watchers Recipes
- Weight Watchers Beef Enchiladas
- Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Weight Watchers Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- WW Goulash – A Family Friendly Recipe
- Weight Watchers Swedish Meatballs
Weight Watchers Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1/2 cup tomatoes crushed
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1 cup celery stalks chopped
- Brown ground turkey on sauté function. When you are all done make sure to drain the grease. 1 lb ground turkey
- Add in the garlic and onions and cook until softened. 1 tbsp garlic, 1/2 onion
- Next, mix in cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir in chipotle peppers, black beans, crushed tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and chicken stock. Mix well until everything is combined.1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 2 chipotle peppers , 1 can black beans, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1 medium sweet potato, 2 cups chicken stock.
- Lock lid into place and turn pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes using the manual setting. Once the time is up, release pressure using the quick release method.
- Remove the lid and switch Instant Pot to sauté. Add in your bell peppers and celery. Let simmer about 5 minutes until the celery is cooked and soft. 1 cup bell pepper, 1 cup celery stalks
- Turn off Instant Pot and you are ready to serve this tasty dish!
- Top with cheese, cilantro, and avocado.