It seems that every day, I fight a war. Of course, I’m not fighting a real war, but one against the clutter that tends to find its way into my house. More than anyone, I think I need these simple decluttering tips in my home!
As we gain sentimental knickknacks and beautiful pictures that belong in frames, we also suffer from the clutter that they bring. Clutter also surfaces in the important paperwork that we have to keep but haven’t yet filed, or bills that need to be paid but aren’t quite ready to be shredded yet. After a while of trying to rearrange it, we usually hit our breaking point–decluttering. It happens to the best of us, really. It’s time to take out the old and replace with the new, or just take out the old and enjoy a bit of extra breathing room.
15 Decluttering Tips for Your Home
- Get rid of things you haven’t used in a year | Levo
- Ditch the excuses | Living on a Dime
- Make sure you have trash bags ready |Home with Keki
- Separate into piles | Eclectically Vintage
- Use toilet paper rolls to organize cords and wires | Krazy Coupon Lady
- Make a list of what you will need to do | Mom Wife Busy Life
- Add those “someday” tasks to your to-do list | Frugal Beautiful
- Start small | Double The Batch
- Remove clothes you haven’t worn for a while | Bloglovin
- Follow the “one in, two out” rule | Moma in The Now
- If you don’t recall seeing it for a year or more, you don’t need it | East & Blog
- Do you have too many glasses and cups? | Tico and Tina
- Store it neatly and get organized | Listotic
- Sell or donate the unwanted items that are still in good condition | Just a Girl and Her Blog
- Know the differences between garbage, donation, and items that can be sold | Sweet Tea Makes Three
I love when I find a post that has the goodies from other sources all in one place. Thank you for taking the time to gather some gems to share.