Making healthy goulash in the Instant Pot is a breeze. This easy goulash recipe is perfect for the whole family, healthy enough for those doing 21 Day Fix or Weight Watchers, and full of wholesome ingredients that don’t take long to cook!
This goulash recipe is one of our family’s favorite meals… lightened up and adapted for the Instant Pot. We love pasta, and any time I can add veggies to a meal I’m on it–this Instant Pot Goulash is super easy to make (yes, those are dry noodles I add) and it’s a healthier recipe that’s 21 Day Fix approved, as well!
There really isn’t anything better than tossing ingredients into the Instant Pot and having a healthy meal ready to eat in 30 minutes!
The healthier ingredients for this goulash are what sets it apart from other recipes. Whole wheat noodles, tomatoes, and extra veggies helps your family get in their veggies and complex carbs while enjoying a delicious meal.
Do you have any tips about this 21 Day Fix goulash recipe?
The container counts for this delicious goulash recipe are as follows per serving:
- 2/3 red container
- 1/2 green container
- 1 yellow container
For 80 Day Obsession, double the ground meat and vegetables in this recipe! You can double the meat and vegetables for 21 Day Fix as well if you need more red and green per serving. It is never a bad time to work in more greens for each recipe, right?
This recipe makes 6 servings, about 1 1/4 C each. If you double the recipe completely you shouldn’t have to change anything else, if you only double the pasta or other ingredients you might end up with a burn warning when making this in the Instant Pot.
Cooking in the Instant Pot needs moisture. If you double the pasta in this recipe you need to make sure you double the liquid as well!
How to make goulash in the Instant Pot:
This is an easy healthy goulash recipe. Wait until you see how simple it is to throw all of these ingredients into the Instant Pot and in 20 minutes or so you have an amazing dinner recipe that the whole family will rave about.
My family regularly asks for this recipe and it’s one of those dinner recipes that I never mind making! I know it’s healthy, they like how it tastes, and I don’t have to spend a ton of precious evening time in the kitchen, it’s a win all the way around.
1.Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and when hot add the ground turkey and cook until meat is browned. I like to coat the bottom of it with some olive oil first.
2. If you’re using jarred tomato sauce, skip this step and also skip adding the tomatoes. If not you can add tomato sauce diced tomatoes and then add garlic, minced onions, Italian seasoning, and 2 bay leaves. Toss in your chopped zucchini and bell peppers, and mix well so the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Pour in your dry whole wheat elbow macaroni and tomatoes. Go ahead and fill the can back up with water and pour that over the ingredients. If using jarred sauce, I fill the jar halfway with water.
4. Stir until the pasta is fully mixed with the sauce. Lock the lid into place and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using the manual function for 4 minutes. It will automatically bring to a boil, cook quickly, and then you can use the quick release method to release the pressure. Give it a stir and let the goulash cool for a few minutes–it’s super hot! Remove from heat by removing this one pot meal from the Instant Pot or make sure to turn off the keep warm function!
Is this goulash recipe Weight Watchers friendly?
Yes! Click here for the Weight Watchers version of this post. You can make this recipe as is for Weight Watchers or follow the tips in the WW post for ways to make this recipe even lower in points!
My goulash recipe doesn’t seem done, why is that?
If you think the recipe needs a bit more cooking time you might be at a higher altitude. I’ve recently learned that you need to use this info to figure out cooking times from different regions and altitudes!
Are you looking for other delicious Instant Pot recipes?
I love cooking in my Instant Pot and I have so many great delicious recipes for you to try in your Instant Pot. Check these out and let me know what you think!
- Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup Recip
- Instant Pot Burrito Bowl Recipe
- Healthy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Healthy Crack Chicken Recipe
- The Best Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Healthy Instant Pot Yogurt
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Instant Pot Lentil Tacos
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Recipes
If you are new to cooking in your Instant Pot you might also be interested in these posts to help get you started on your pressure cooker journey!
- Which Instant Pot Is Right For You | Difference Between Instant Pot Models
- What Is An Instant Pot?
- Instant Pot High Altitude Cooking Time Adjustments
- How Long to Steam Vegetables in the Instant Pot | Pressure Cooker Vegetables
- Instant Pot Cooking Times For Meat
Healthy Instant Pot Goulash Recipe:
Here is a printable version of this awesome goulash recipe. You can save it for later, use it for a shopping list, or keep it on hand until you’ve made it a few times…once you do, you’ll want to make it again!
Healthy Instant Pot Goulash
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 cup pasta whole wheat
- 1 cup bell peppers chopped
Only include seasonings if you're using canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp onions minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes OR jarred sauce
- 14 oz water (you'll be filling the tomato can with water)
Optional: (If used, omit seasonings and tomatoes)
- 1 jar pasta sauce no added sugar
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté and brown the ground turkey.
- Note: If you're using jarred pasta sauce, skip the seasonings. Add garlic, minced onions, Italian seasoning, and 2 bay leaves. Toss in chopped zucchini and bell peppers.
- Mix so that the seasonings and veggies are distributed.
- Pour the 8 ounces of dry whole wheat pasta, can of crushed tomatoes (or a jar of pasta sauce), and fill the can back up with water and pour that over the vegetables.
- Stir until the pasta is fully mixed with the sauce. Lock the lid into place and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using the manual function for 3 minutes. Use the quick release method to release the pressure. Give it a stir and let the goulash cool for a few minutes–it's super hot!
- Top with cheese if desired and serve.