One of our family’s favorite meals… lightened up and adapted for the Instant Pot. We love pasta, and any time I can add veggies to a meal I’m on it–this Instant Pot Goulash is super easy to make (yes, those are dry noodles I add) and it’s a healthier recipe that’s 21 Day Fix approved, as well!
There really isn’t anything better than tossing ingredients into the Instant Pot and having a healthy meal ready to eat in 30 minutes!
The healthier ingredients for this goulash are what sets it apart from other recipes. Whole wheat noodles, tomatoes, and extra veggies helps your family get in their veggies and complex carbs while enjoying a delicious meal.
Do you have any tips about this 21 Day Fix goulash recipe?
For 80 Day Obsession, double the ground meat and vegetables in this recipe!
Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/4 C each.
How do I make this 21 Day Fix goulash in the Instant Pot?
1.Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and brown the ground turkey. I like to coat the bottom of it with some olive oil first.
2. If you’re using jarred pasta sauce, skip this step and also skip adding the tomatoes. Add garlic, minced onions, Italian seasoning, salt, and 2 bay leaves. Toss in your chopped zucchini and bell peppers, and mix well so the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Pour in your dry whole wheat pasta and tomatoes. Go ahead and fill the can back up with water and pour that over the ingredients. If using jarred sauce, I fill the jar halfway with water.
4. Stir until the pasta is fully mixed with the sauce. Lock the lid into place and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using the manual function for 4 minutes. Use the quick release method to release the pressure. Give it a stir and let the goulash cool for a few minutes–it’s super hot!
Is this goulash recipe Weight Watchers friendly?
Yes! Click here for the Weight Watchers version of this post.
My goulash doesn’t seem done, why is that?
If you think the recipe needs a bit more cooking time you might be at a higher altitude. I’ve recently learned that you need to use this info to figure out cooking times from different regions and altitudes!
Do you have this goulash recipe in an ebook?
Looking for all of my Instant Pot recipes in one easy to print place? You can buy them here.
If you’re looking specifically for 21 Day Fix Instant Pot recipes, I have those available too!
21 Day Fix Goulash | 21 Day Fix Goulash Recipe:
Instant Pot Goulash | 21 Day Fix Goulash
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 cup pasta whole wheat
- 1 cup bell peppers chopped
Only include seasonings if you're using canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp onions minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 - 14 oz crushed tomatoes OR jarred sauce
- 1 can water (you'll be filling the tomato can with water)
Optional: (If used, omit seasonings and tomatoes)
- 1 jar pasta sauce no added sugar
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté and brown the ground turkey.
- Note: If you're using jarred pasta sauce, skip the seasonings. Add garlic, minced onions, Italian seasoning, salt, and 2 bay leaves. Toss in chopped zucchini and bell peppers.
- Mix so that the seasonings and veggies are distributed.
- Pour the 8 ounces of dry whole wheat pasta, can of crushed tomatoes (or a jar of pasta sauce), and fill the can back up with water and pour that over the vegetables.
- Stir until the pasta is fully mixed with the sauce. Lock the lid into place and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using the manual function for 3 minutes. Use the quick release method to release the pressure. Give it a stir and let the goulash cool for a few minutes–it's super hot!
- Top with cheese if desired and serve.