Meal Prep for Beginners
Thanks for your interest in my
Meal Prep for Beginners Challenge!
I understand that meal prep can be completely overwhelming, and I want to help.
Not everyone needs to prep the same way–you need to identify what the best meal prep looks like for you and your family, and I’ve put this challenge together to help you identify the right amount of meal prep for you.
Is this Meal Prep for Beginners Challenge right for me?
It might be!
I’ve found that people usually fall into one of four categories:
- I prepped all this food and most of it is still sitting in the fridge at the end of the week.
- I made enough food for me, but my family ate it all by Tuesday.
- I thought I made enough food but it was gone in two days.
- Meal prep is overwhelming and I haven’t even attempted it yet.
If you’ve found yourself in any of these situations, you might find this Meal Prep for Beginners Challenge helpful.
I spent some time in 4, then moved to 1, and now the only issue I have is 2 but I’m blaming them for eating erratically ;)
Right now, I’m what I call a Level 2 Prepper–I prep snacks and lunches for the week, but prefer to make breakfasts and dinners morning and night. I plan for breakfasts and dinners, but I don’t prep them.
Here’s what we’ll do in this Meal Prep for Beginners Challenge:
- You’re going to learn how I plan for meal prep with a weekly Wednesday email that has pre-determined recipes and foods, along with a template to switch it up if you don’t like the recipe I choose. Recipes will have slow cooker, Instant Pot, and stove or oven directions.
- On Saturday afternoon, I’ll go Live in our Facebook group with my prep for the week. You can watch Live or wait until Sunday if you prefer to prep then.
- I’ll be available daily in our Facebook group to help with recipe questions, prep questions, whatever you need.
Weekly Calendar for this Meal Prep for Beginners Challenge
Week One | Level 1 Prep | Snacks: We will be prepping snacks for the week. You’ll receive your grocery list and snack ideas on Wednesday and I’ll be Live in the Facebook group prepping on Saturday at noon PST. The video will be available whenever you need it, so no stress if you can’t watch it Saturday.
Week Two | Level 2 Prep | Snacks and Lunches
Week Three | Level 3 Prep | Snacks, Lunches, and Breakfasts
Week Four | Level 4 Prep | Snacks, Lunches, Breakfasts, and Dinners
Why are you meal prepping on video Saturdays and not Sundays?
I wouldn’t be available to prep on Sundays until the afternoon and I know a lot of people like to wake up and prep on Sundays. Doing my Live video on Saturday allows those who are available to watch along and then the rest of the Challenge Group can prep at their leisure–Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or later!
What if I don’t want to prep all of that food?
Remember, I said that a full meal prep is not for everyone. The idea of this Meal Prep for Beginners Challenge is that you can prep what you like–at the level that you like–and stop when you want.
Stick with us from Week One all the way through Week Four, or stop after Week Two–it’s up to you. The purpose of this challenge is for you to understand what kind of prepper you are so that you’re not prepping too much or too little.