2tbspbutterI prefer unsalted, you can use more butter if you'd like to make extra to freeze
Allow the butter to melt to room temperature. Pull the leaves off of half of the rosemary and sage and either add them to your food processor or dice them super small. Zest the lemon and add zest to the food processor. Save remaining lemon to garnish salmon in the pan or squeeze over cooked salmon. Add the butter (and the herbs if they're not in it already) to your food processor and allow them to blend together. You can also mix this by hand if you'd like. If you'd like to be fancy, use a teaspoon to scrape the butter and roll it into balls. Place each ball on a small plate and put them in the freezer. Freezing the butter isn't necessary for the recipe.
Preheat your grill to medium-high or 425º. You can grill these right on your grill grates, but I like to use searing plates on my grill because it cooks so evenly when I use them.
Spray the bottom of a foil pan with nonstick cooking oil. Place your salmon in the foil pan, skin down. If you'd like to make a foil pouch, place a 12 inch long piece of foil and note where the 6 inch mark is. Spray the bottom half of the foil and place your salmon on the foil. Fold the top over to close your pouch. Top with the remaining herbs and garlic butter. I like to use 2 teaspoons of herb butter for each piece of salmon.
Grill your salmon for 15-20 minutes if thawed, checking the temperature regularly. If your salmon is frozen, no problem! You'll want to cook it at the same temperature for 30-40 minutes. Your salmon is finished cooking when it reaches (and sustains) 145º.
If you're in a hurry to make your butter, preheat your grill to 425º and set your butter next to the grill on a glass plate. It'll warm in no time.
You can slice your lemon after you zest it and place some slices on top of your salmon and in your foil pan. You can also save them to squeeze lemon juice on the salmon after it's cooked.
21 Day Fix/Ultimate Portion Fix: For each 3/4 cup serving, count one red container. Each portion of herb butter is about 1 1/2 tsp, so reduce those as you need to to account for your teaspoons.Weight Watchers:For 3 oz salmon and 1 1/2 tsp butter, count 3 Green Plan Points | 3 Blue Plan Points | 3 Purple Plan Points2B Mindset: Salmon fits perfectly into your 2B meals as a protein. For lunch, be sure to use half of your plate for vegetables, 1/4 for protein, and 1/4 for an FFC. For dinner, this salmon is perfect as 25% of your plate and fill the remaining 75% with vegetables.