When summer rolls around I start looking for ways to adjust my diet and exercise routine. While I try and make a habit of regular healthy lifestyle points like eating well and exercising, I get bogged down from time to time.
Nothing wakes me up like bathing suit season! So this week I put together a summer slim down meal plan.
These are not necessarily all 21 Day Fix recipes though many of them are–there are a wide variety of healthy meal options here for you to choose from. You can mix it up by working in your favorites or choose an entirely new line up for this week!
I would definitely recommend you choose a few from each category and plan on eating those throughout the week. This is a TON of food to make and you’ll end up with a lot of leftovers and wasted food if you try and make everything for one week.
For those of you who might be looking for calorie specific meal plans you can find those here. Of course I also have some monthly meal plans available here if you are looking for a more long term solution to your meal prepping and planning schedule!
Summer Slim Down Meal Plan
If you need some meal prepping tips I have those for you as well! I love meal prepping and I use my Instant Pot to do a lot of my weekly prep for recipes like the ones here in this summer slim down meal plan!
- Breakfast: Savory Quinoa Breakfast Bowls | Easy as Apple Pie Quinoa is such a great addition to any summer slim down meal plan. Packing it in early in the day for breakfast is even better!
- Lunch: Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry | Home Cooking Memories This is a great recipe to prep for the whole week. You can even make it for dinner if you like!
- Dinner: One Pan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus | Chelsea Messy Apron One pan dinners are a dream. Everything goes in, just one dish to clean up after, it’s amazing and it helps when they’re this delicious!
- Snack: Zucchini Breakfast Cookies | Life Made Sweeter These are flourless, free of any refined sugar, and totally acceptable for breakfast, snack, or even desserts!
- Desserts: 21 Day Fix Ice Cream Recipes | My Crazy Good Life I love ice cream but I also try really hard to be healthy so eating regular ice cream all the time doesn’t work for me. If you want to have to some sweet treats and still stick to your summer slim down meal plan check out these tasty recipes.
- Breakfast: Skinny Chocolate Chip Muffins | OMG Chocolate Desserts These skinny chocolate chip muffins are great for busting cravings and they’re perfectly portable for those on the go mornings.
- Lunch: 21 Day Fix Swedish Meatballs | My Crazy Good Life This recipe is also great for making as a party appetizer. Quick and easy in the programmable pressure cooker and totally acceptable for a summer slim down meal plan…no matter how delicious they are!
- Dinner: 21 Day Fix Dinners | My Crazy Good Life Dinner can be a tough one, the nice thing about these 21 Day Fix dinners is that they’re family friendly so you don’t have to cook two meals!
- Snack: Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl | Bakerita Smoothies are off putting for some people. If you don’t like trying to drink your smoothies maybe you want to give a smoothie bowl a try!
- Desserts: Instant Pot Cupcakes | My Crazy Good Life I’m still not over the fact that my Instant Pot can do SO many things. It’s amazing. Making these 21 Day Fix friendly cupcakes is easier than ever!
- Breakfast: Vegan / Gluten Free Breakfast Bowl | Contentedness Cooking You can’t go wrong with a breakfast bowl. They’re gorgeous and packed full of delicious flavors to keep you going strong until lunch!
- Lunch: Avocado Toast 12 Ways | Fannetastic Food Avocado toast is a delicious option for lunch. It’s quick and easy to make and it’s got enough healthy fats and stable carbs to get you through your afternoon!
- Dinner: Orange Chicken | My Crazy Good Life Did you know you cane make delicious Chinese take-out at home?! This recipe is simple and delicious!
- Snack: 21 Day Fix Appetizers | My Crazy Good Life Appetizers make a great snack option. Of course you can also use them for parties and events but a summer slim down meal plan wouldn’t be complete without some tasty snack recipes.
- Desserts: Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies | My Crazy Good Life You don’t have to give up desserts! These are easy to make, satisfying, and low on fat and calories. Perfect for your summer slim down meal plan.
- Breakfast: Scrambled Egg Muffins | Six Sisters Stuff I love breakfast recipes that I can customize to suit all of the people in the house. I can mix up a batch of these with all kinds of veggie filling so everyone gets exactly what they want and I know they are getting a healthy, protein packed, breakfast.
- Lunch: Instant Pot 21 Day Fix Goulash | My Crazy Good Life This recipe is perfect for meal prepping. You can make a batch and it will keep all week in the fridge. Take it for lunch, leftovers for dinner, the works!
- Dinner: Light and Easy Chicken Salad | Joyful Healthy Eats I love including some chilled recipes for dinner. During the summer slim down meal plan we’re dealing with heat, workouts, stress, and busy kids. Sometimes the best thing is a cool sandwich for dinner!
- Snack: Peanut Butter Honey Banana Roll Ups | Nutrition Expert Perfect for after a workout and this is even great as a breakfast choice on the summer slim down meal plan!
- Desserts: Aquafaba Dessert Recipes | My Crazy Good Life Aquafaba is the liquid that chickpeas are packed in. You can use it to create egg free desserts that both tasty and healthy! These are some of the best options out there!
- Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups | My Crazy Good Life Oatmeal is a great breakfast choice because it keeps you feeling full longer than other options and it’s heart healthy, great for lowering cholesterol, and it’s tasty!
- Lunch: 21 Day Fix Dressing Recipes | My Crazy Good Life We all know that prepping salads in advance is a breeze but coming up with dressing options that are healthy, and delicious can be tough. Use these for some inspiration!
- Dinner: Sweet Potato Crab Cakes | My Crazy Good Life Yep, a healthy alternative that you can easily make at home. This is a dinner the whole family will be crazy about!
- Snack: Parmesan Zucchini Tots | Kirbie’s Cravings Not all tots have to be super processed and full of bad stuff. These zucchini tots are easy to make and they’re so delicious the whole family will devour them!
- Desserts: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream | the Beachbody Blog Mint chocolate chip ice cream that is healthy, refreshing, and easy to make!
- Breakfast: Mini Frittatas | My Crazy Good Life Breakfast is a key part of every day! You can’t do your best if you are running on empty. You can prep these in advance which makes them perfect for a summer slim down meal plan.
- Lunch: Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls | Sweet Peas and Saffron Talk about a dream for meal prep! This recipe is great for making lunches for the whole week at one time!
- Dinner: 15 Delicious Zoodles Recipes | My Crazy Good Life Making noodles out of veggies is super easy, it’s also strongly satisfying and very fun. Cutting out those starches and carbs can be a huge help when sticking to a summer slim down meal plan.
- Snack: Summer Snack Tips | My Crazy Good Life Snacking in the summer doesn’t have to be mindless or packed full of calories and fat! Check out these great options for healthy snacking.
- Desserts: Coconut Cream Popsicles | Fit Views This treat swap for the 21 Day Fix is perfect for summer. These are delicious, creamy, and perfect for cooling off after a hard workout!
- Breakfast: 21 Day Fix Breakfast Recipes | My Crazy Good Life This post is packed full of delicious, nutritious, and healthy breakfast recipes. You could use this post for all of your breakfast needs on this summer slim down meal plan.
- Lunch: Chicken Avocado Pitas | The Cookie Rookie These are so easy to whip up the night before and stuff when at work or school. The avocado will get a bit brown but it doesn’t change the taste or texture.
- Dinner: Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese | My Crazy Good Life You don’t have to give up on things like macaroni and cheese just because you are trying to stick to this summer slim down meal plan!
- Snack: Hard Boiled Eggs | My Crazy Good Life If you have a pressure cooker you need to watch this quick video on how to make the perfect hard boiled eggs in just 5 minutes!
- Desserts: Peanut Butter Fudge Candy | From Forks to Fitness I’m always up for a fudge recipe that is 21 Day Fix friendly and easy to make. You won’t be disappointed by this one!