I’m excited to share this product with you because I have been loving it for a couple of months now. The popSLATE case (for iPhone 6 & 6S, $129) is a second screen for your iPhone. Use it for grocery lists, gym schedule, workout routines, or to display your favorite pictures.
When the folks at popSLATE sent over a case for an iPhoneLife.com review a few weeks ago, I had no idea how much I would love it. It sounded like a fun concept, but I didn’t realize how truly useful it was. I’ve found a ton of uses for it, and I’m finding more every day.
popSLATE connects to your phone via Bluetooth and gives you a second screen (black and white–like a Kindle) to display important information like boarding passes, grocery lists, and other things you’ll need to refer to quickly or often. Because the information is on the back of your phone, you won’t be turning your phone on and off, searching for different apps or through your photo albums for images that you need. Here’s how I’ve been using it.
- Super fast personalized case: Snap a picture and send it to popSLATE. I love being able to change my photos out without investing in or waiting for custom cases.
- Grocery List: I’m always getting distracted when I grocery shop because I use an app on my phone for my list. When someone texts, or a notification comes in, I usually pop over to see what it’s about–causing me to waste time attempting to multitask and waste my phone’s battery. Using the popSLATE case as my grocery list, I keep my phone face down in the cart and stay on task.
- Gym Classes: During the week, I switch my popSLATE to show my gym’s schedule so I can glance and view thier schedule at a moment’s notice–no excuses for missing!
- Boarding Pass: Saving my boarding pass as my popSLATE image allows it to be quickly accessed and scanned by security agents.
- Workout Routines: I love saving my workout routine so I can stay focused while lifting weights and not drain my battery by repeatedly waking my phone up to look.
Here’s how the popSLATE works:
1. Connect your phone to the popSLATE via Bluetooth.
2. Using the popSLATE app, browse other user’s images or upload your own.
3. Find the image you’d like shown on your popSLATE second screen and tap “pop.”
4. Your image is immediately sent to the popSLATE screen.
The slideshow feature on popSLATE allows for 8 images to be stored on the popSLATE device and then cycled through using the small button on the side (see below), no connection needed! By going into the app under “me” and then under “slate” you can choose to clear all image on that are saved on your popSLATE, and save 8 more!
The folks at popSLATE are pretty awesome, and wanted to give me an extra case to send to one of you. Remember, popSLATE is only for iPhone 6 and 6S. Here’s how to enter:
This giveaway will end Sept 21 at midnight, and a winner will be chosen and notified Sept. 22.
I received a popSLATE case to faciliate this review, and popSLATE is sponsoring this giveaway. Winner will be chosen at random. You may enter three times.