Some of the best recipes are for one thing, disguised as another. This banana pumpkin bread with chocolate chips is essentially bread disguised as a delicious dessert! The pumpkin keeps it super moist and tasty while the bourbon and Baileys icing takes it to a completely sweet and delicious level. I’m super excited for you to be able to try this one, I can’t get over the softness…or maybe it’s just those ooey gooey chocolate chips!
Banana pumpkin bread with chocolate chips makes an excellent breakfast option. When those busy mornings roll around it’s nice to have something that can be cut and consumed on the go. Grab a slice on your way out the door or eat it with a fork, on a plate, like a civilized person…either way it’s fantastic!
Ingredients for Banana Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips:
- 1/2 cup smashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
Spices for Banana Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips:
Directions for Making Banana Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add softened butter and sugar. Mix on low until butter and sugar are fully incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time, and mix until incorporated before adding the last egg.
- Add pure vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl add bananas and mash them using a fork. Add pumpkin puree, olive oil and mix well. Add banana and pumpkin puree mixture to the sugar, butter, and egg mixture.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and the additional spices. Mix well.
- In spoonfuls, add the flour mixture a little at a time until all of the flour mixture is fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and stir.
- Using softened butter and a baker’s brush, coat the inside of a 9″ x 5″ bread loaf with butter. Place a cut-to-fit piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the loaf pan, and brush parchment paper with butter as well.
- Spoon bread batter into the prepared loaf pan, leave an inch between the batter and the top edge of the loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 55-60 minutes. If the top of the bread browns too quickly, tent with aluminum foil.
- Insert a toothpick into the middle of the bread if it comes out clean the bread is done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Ingredients for Bourbon & Bailey’s Icing :
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 2 Capfuls Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- 3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Add heavy cream a table at a time until you get the consistency you want.
Directions for Making Bourbon & Bailey’s Icing:
- In a large bowl add powdered sugar.
- Add bourbon, Irish cream, and walnuts.
- Mix well.
- Add heavy cream a tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Spoon icing over slices of the Banana Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips.