This is one of my favorite 21 Day Fix crock pot recipes! When you’re following the 21 Day Fix pork carnitas are perfect because you can easily add veggies to them to get in all of your green containers for the day.
Ingredients for 21 Day Fix Pork Carnitas
Pork tenderloin (I always look for the leanest I can find)
1 bottle Green Chile Salsa–the less ingredients, the better!
1 can Rotel
2 Bay Leaves
2t Cayenne Pepper
2t Chili Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Follow the directions here to make your 21 Day Fix Pork Carnitas. 1.5C of Pork Carnitas plus 1/2 green container of veggies (tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro) turns this recipe into 2R and 1G. 2 small corn tortillas count as 1 yellow container.
If you’d rather not eat these in corn tortillas, I’d suggest using bell peppers as a delicious bowl!
21 Day Fix Pork Carnitas Recipe
- Pork tenderloin (I always look for the leanest I can find)
- 1 bottle Green Chile Salsa–the less ingredients , the better!
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 Onions
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 t Cayenne Pepper
- 2 t Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice one onion into thick slices and line the bottom of your crock pot with them. Dice the other onion and set aside for a topping.
- Place pork tenderloin on top of the onions and sprinkle your spices (and place bay leaves) on the pork.
- Pour 1/2 bottle of salsa, entire can of Rotel, and diced onions on and around pork.
- Cook on low for 5-8 hours, depending on the size of your tenderloin.Pull pork out and shred it, then add it back into the crockpot.Serve with the rest of the bottle of green chile salsa, warm flour or corn tortillas, diced onions, and sour cream.
21 Day Fix Notes: 2R and 1G. 2 small corn tortillas count as 1 yellow container.