Our duct tape birthday party was outside. We didn’t want to worry about cutting cake, dropped plates and tons of trash. Lollipops seemed to make the most sense here, and the kids LOVED them!
Here’s how to make marshmallow lollipops that look like mini rolls of duct tape:
- Vanilla candy wafers – one bag made about 50 pops
- Airhead Extremes
- Lollipop sticks (we covered ours with gray duct tape
1. Melt the candy wafers in the microwave. Cook for 30 second increments, stirring every time you check them.
2. I prepared my workspace by lining dishes with parchment paper, but that didn’t work best. A regular dish works just fine. Pull out your sprinkles, Airheads, and something to cover your counter.
3. The fabulous Courtney came over to help me (how did we not get a picture?!) and we started by dipping the lollipop sticks in chocolate and pushing them into the marshmallows. Let them dry and harden for a few minutes.
4. Dip the marshmallow pop into the chocolate and wipe off any extra with a knife or the back of a spoon. Make sure to dip the marshmallow enough that chocolate covers the top near the stick so you can add sprinkles.
5. Carefully wrap 2 strips of Airheads around the marshmallow. Slow is the key here, and you’re going to get messy (that’s why there aren’t any photos of this step!). After the Airhead is wrapped around the marshmallow, set it down to dry and add some sprinkles to the top.
6. Serve. Enjoy your less-mess birthday treat!