This post is sponsored by Baker’s Secret.
We went to the local apple orchard last weekend and picked until we couldn’t pick anymore. We made these mini apple pies as an alternative to making an entire apple pie–because I can’t be trusted around an entire apple pie.
Try them out, and let me know what you think!
4 medium sized apples
Refrigerated pie crusts
1/2 C milk
2 T brown Sugar
1/2 C oats
2 t cinnamon
Large roasting pan (I’m using my Baker’s Secret Roasting Pan because it’s light and non-stick)
1. Skin the apples and cut them in half, scooping out the seeds and a bit of the apple. Set the extra apple aside.
2. Cut the pie crust into 4 and begin wrapping the outside of the apples in pie crust. Cut off any extra.
3. Using the extra pie crust, cut out a leaf for each apple.
4. Cut small slits into each apple half:
6. Take the extra apple and the rest of your ingredients and mix them together for the topping. You might have to chop the apple up a bit.
7. Stick the topping into the oven next to the pies. It’ll probably have to cook a few minutes longer than the pies–about 10 minutes.
8. Add the topping to the apple pies. Add ice cream or caramel if you wish. I love mine as they are.
Baker’s Secret can help you with your holiday cooking! Baker’s Secret Essentials products have a Premium Non-Stick Coating, are Durable & Long Lasting, are Metal Spatula Safe, Dishwasher Safe and have a Full Lifetime Warranty. Find Baker’s Secret on facebook or twitter, and join in the #HolidayBaking conversation!