This recipe is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart.
We have a few favorite family recipes, and this is one of them. We love having these crock pot pork carnitas in tacos, and this recipe makes amazing leftover enchiladas! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Ingredients for Crock Pot Pork Carnitas
Smithfield fresh pork tenderloin (we purchased ours at Walmart, it was about 2 pounds)
1 bottle Green Chile Salsa
1 can Rotel
2t Chili Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sour cream, optional
- Slice one onion into thick slices and line the bottom of your crock pot with them. Dice the other onion and set aside for a topping.
2. Place pork tenderloin on top of the onions and sprinkle your spices (and place bay leaves) on the pork.
3. Pour 1/2 bottle of salsa, entire can of Rotel, and diced onions on and around pork.
4. Cook on low for 5-8 hours, depending on the size of your tenderloin.
5. Pull pork out and shred it, then add it back into the crockpot.
6. Serve with the rest of the bottle of green chile salsa, warm flour or corn tortillas, diced onions, and sour cream.
On the 21 Day Fix? Click here for details about this recipe :)